Help Pricing Cubical Walls and Commercial Ceramic Tile/Grout

Dougie "fresh-clean"

Hello all,

I have a notepad of cubical counts and tile floor measurements for a warehouse. I stick to residential 99.99% of the time, but someone big into quit all their accounts and I have been putting out (and loosing) bids for commercial work.

How does one price cubical wall cleaning? (About 100 square feet of surface area average per cubical)

Do you charge a lower rate for ceramic tile for commercial cleaning? Dirtier than any house, but larger area and less likely to be picky.

Thanks for the advise,

Dougie Fresh

Robert86

So I don't know what to tell you for the cubicle, but commercial tile I start at $0.40 a sq foot for less than 1,000 feet. That price drops a little the bigger the area (about ever 1,000 to 2,000 feet) until I hit $0.20 a foot. Whether or not I drop my price lower depends on the job. I've gone lower in cases where it was just a big open area with nothing that I'd have to work around. In a few cases I've offered to charge by the hour. That may save the client money and you still make your minimum, but it might also cost them money if you hit trouble and it takes longer.

Dougie "fresh-clean"

4 buildings (same lot of land) total of 6,298sq/ft of tile, and 33 cubicles. I know my residential rates won't translate there (that'd be $4K-5K). In the dark I the
commercial world.

Robert86

So depending on the details of the job I would likely bid the tile somewhere between $900 and $1250. OR I would offer it at $75 an hour (that's my personal minimum I try to make on any job, you may be higher or lower). I might also throw in an extra $50 or whatever amount I feel fairly covers chemical costs and operating costs.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
I’d be about $1500 on that tile, maybe drop it to $1200 but that’s about as low as I would go.

Use your upholstery wand on the cubicals. Are you cleaning the whole cubical wall or just what you can get to? How much stuff do you have to try and maneuver around? Are you having to move anything? How long do you expect you will spend per cubical?

Robert86

For the cubicals I would figure it out at you hourly rate.
The tile I would be at .40 sf, yes over 6k sf is enough to get a quantity discount but since it is spread out over 4 buildings it will require 4 set ups which will take time.
Wow, somehow I overlooked the part about it being 4 buildings. That changes things for sure. Personally, I would be at $1800 - $2600 on the tile, depending on what exactly it all looks like.

Low end is assuming you're working in basically one big open area. High end if the tile in each building is spread to different locations and you are working around lots of stuff (like cubicles)

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Another factor is how hungry you are for work and a chance to get in with this company. You may want to give them a great price if you need the work. Explain that this is a one-time special deal because you want them to be able to see the quality of your work.

They get to see what you can do. You will know how long it takes for future pricing.

Remember, it is all about how much you need to make for each hour of work. Square feet is just a way to help you estimate that.

I think there are some threads on pricing of cubicle cleaning if you do a search. Years ago, we did $10 to $12 per side if we could get to them easily. If not, add for the time to get to the cubicles, move them around, put them back in place or whatever.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
I never was one to give discount pricing to new customers. It simply doesn't make sense.
Instead I give discount prices to those who EARNED IT. In other words, LOYAL customers.
See the difference? New customers earned nothing to deserve a lower price than a loyal customer.

TAKE CARE OF THE ONES WHO TAKE CARE OF YOU.

Dougie "fresh-clean"

Got the job! Thank you all for your input!
Very hungry for work at the moment as I just moved and presently own 2 houses waiting to close on the sale of my old house. Moving killed winter savings. Went with about $30 per cubicle (adjusted some up for heavy soil and some down for shorter walls and easier access). Just cleaning what we can reach. Went in the middle on tile (lower "bulk- rate" conditional that we're hired for all 4 buildings). 4 set ups, but scheduled each building for 4 separate Saturdays.

Dougie "fresh-clean"

I never was one to give discount pricing to new customers. It simply doesn't make sense.
Instead I give discount prices to those who EARNED IT. In other words, LOYAL customers.
See the difference? New customers earned nothing to deserve a lower price than a loyal customer.

TAKE CARE OF THE ONES WHO TAKE CARE OF YOU.

That's how I handle residential. Full price for any first time cleaning or new customer, then our follow up marketing rewards referrals and repeat service. 6-Month Discount (only on the same areas/items we cleaned before) same for an annual frequency discount.

Welcome

Welcome to the best carpet cleaning forum in the world!

Support

If you are in need of support, please use the live chat on the store for fast responses.