Help pricing a job | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help pricing a job

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Need help pricing a cleaning job....20 apartments brand new apartments never been lived in just wipe & dust down vacuum carpet swifer laminate kitchen living room & dinning room & carpet in 2 bedrooms no carpet cleaning just vacuum them out....building is 3 floors..... vacuum hallway & dust & wipe down common area......thank you guys

Sent from my SM-G935T using TMF Forums mobile app

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
9am to 630

Sent from my SM-G935T using TMF Forums mobile app
If all 3 worked without lunch or breaks the whole time you had 28.5 man hours, using my $35/hr rate I would be at $997.50. I am sure your rate is different and there may have been breaks but just take your hourly rate and multiply the total man hours.

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
I personally charge per unit on that stuff. $60 - $80 depending on severity and location. Each unit should only take 45 mins or less. .

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Assuming that all of these apartments will be the same type of dust and clean up then I agree with Mikeevee....Price them per unit too. Think of the apartments as clothing sizes. S-M-L-XL.
But most importantly of all is to have NO SURPRISES with those you are contracting with. They have to agree upon the price too of course. Most people don't like surprises. Just price them so you're making money, not working for free.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Just did a 48 unit exactly the same end invoice was 36k. If you go in just pricing per unit be careful because contractors are NEVER finished in the units. We ended up redoing some units two and three times. Best to give them a unit price and then an hourly rate for touch ups.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums