Help on outdoor patio carpet

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Today I went to see the job and do a small test to have a feel of it. It is about 450 sqft, last year when the customer bought the house the carpet was clean and I guess the winter brought this dirt on it. I did clean a small area and there is a heavy build up, pre spray and extract won't work, I had to scrap the heavy build up first then then scrub it and then extract, a small area as you can see on the picture took me about 5 min with my mytee lite. I use this machine for small tests or upholstery. what is the easiest way and fastest way to clean this heavy build up? I told Mr Khan before I saw the place it would be $ 300 or more, but even $ 300 was out of his budget, so when I have arrived to look at the job today I saw a brand new porscheon his drive way, how much do you guys think it will take, how much should i quote him?

IMG_20190526_151527.jpg
IMG_20190526_151533.jpg
IMG_20190526_151547.jpg

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
New porshe and says out of budget lol i think he is just trying to get a lower price, i think 300 is good price i would charge. I would spray it down heavy groutmaster scrub with 175 and deep flush the heck out of it. Nice job for some before and afters

Reactions: Fedri

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I would charge at least double my normal fee and not blink an eye or give any indication I'm willing to "salvage" that mess for a penny less. In reality, a carpet like that may take double time to clean it, but probably less. 300. is a fair price , actually a bit on the low side, for what I consider a salvage job. It would likely cost several times that to replace which I would be more than happy to let him do exactly that. His decision boils down to do I want to go ahead and pay to clean it or do I want to replace it? Put the ball in his court.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
What did you scrap the floor with prior to extraction and whats in the pump up sprayer
I had the black label in the pump up, I just used a hand brush that had the other side as a scraper, when I was scraping mud build up was being scraped from deep in the piles, then with the other side of the brush I brushed it then extract, if I missed one of these steps nothing comes out at all. It will be a challenging one.

What I am planning to do is borrow my friend's heavy duty 175 and spray the grout master heavily and then pre scrub the shit out of it and rinse it with high heat 600 psi. When I saw the job $300 is low, you should see what kind of shit come out from that carpet. $450 is ok, I can try to get higher pay. He can get few more quotes, the cheaper it will the job will not be done well. I showed him today in a small area that the carpet will come out nice and clean.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I would charge at least double my normal fee and not blink an eye or give any indication I'm willing to "salvage" that mess for a penny less. In reality, a carpet like that may take double time to clean it, but probably less. 300. is a fair price , actually a bit on the low side, for what I consider a salvage job. It would likely cost several times that to replace which I would be more than happy to let him do exactly that. His decision boils down to do I want to go ahead and pay to clean it or do I want to replace it? Put the ball in his court.
Makes sense Randy, it is a salvage, I don't know how in the world it can be this bad in a year, I will tell him $450, take it or leave it.

Reactions: wandwizard

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If you already have a rotary and RSF or Spiked, or FLEX or firestorm or a strong Enzyme boosted with orange oil, something aggressive

then the $300 is fair, if not then this can easy become a 3-4 hour job
if thats the case the cost should start at $450 and as much as 600

Its obvious that he wants to recover the money he just spent through you.

You can charge less than $300 but then youll only be ruining your reputation by not cleaning it right and taking the low pay

You see that sample for free that you did proved to him (in his mind) that it doesnt take much to make it clean, so why so much?

reminds me of a client I have in the Piedmont area (wealthy folk area) the client is a Doctor, has had me do other cleaning of upholstery, he had me come in to clean a 2 seat sofa, cotton, faded but still in good condition except it was dirty with lots of protein soil...anyway. I tested fiber, and inspected the sofa and told him it be $220.00 (since he'd call me before) with a -$30 off discount. he said " how'd you come to that?" I politely (and with regret of giving $30 off) said that is what would cost to clean this size and level of soil. He did not like my price and I did not like his reaction, I kept my cost and he said go ahead, it took me 1.75 hr (almost 2 hours). He took a look and said "You always good excellent work, no regrets " he wrote the check and smiled.

I took the check and said (in my mind) thank you for seeing it my way

You just cannot let them question why you charge for your quality work.

Last edited:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If you already have a rotary and RSF or Spiked, or FLEX or firestorm or a strong Enzyme boosted with orange oil, something aggressive

then the $300 is fair, if not then this can easy become a 3-4 hour job
if thats the case the cost should start at $450 and as much as 600

Its obvious that he wants to recover the money he just spent through you.

You can charge less than $300 but then youll only be ruining your reputation by not cleaning it right and taking the low pay

You see that sample for free that you did proved to him (in his mind) that it doesnt take much to make it clean, so why so much?

reminds me of a client I have in the Piedmont area (wealthy folk area) the client is a Doctor, has had me do other cleaning of upholstery, he had me come in to clean a 2 seat sofa, cotton, faded but still in good condition except it was dirty with lots of protein soil...anyway. I tested fiber, and inspected the sofa and told him it be $220.00 (since he'd call me before) with a -$30 off discount. he said " how'd you come to that?" I politely (and with regret of giving $30 off) said that is what would cost to clean this size and level of soil. He did not like my price and I did not like his reaction, I kept my cost and he said go ahead, it took me 1.75 hr (almost 2 hours). He took a look and said "You always good excellent work, no regrets " he wrote the check and smiled.

I took the check and said (in my mind) thank you for seeing it my way

You just cannot let them question why you charge for your quality work.
I have spiked, grout master and trex with scrub head, high heat. However I have also arranged a heavy 175 with a black pad to pre scrub and I know for sure it will require a pre scrub.

I texted him the price $450. I estimate about 3-4 hours even with grout master.

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
You got this fedri, if you get the job can you do video and post you tube? I like seeing your work and or before after pics on tmf, good luck bro

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
How much pressure Todd? Is 700-800 psi will be good enough?

Today when I was doing the small testing I took his hose and pressured it with the jet and that didn't do anything.
Get an actual pressure washer or something to give you over 1500psi. I do patio carpets all the time, I have a pressure washer gun I can hook up to my solution hose and I generally use 1500 psi with it. Even a 3000 psi pressure washer will work. Wash it all off. Use a squeegee to push off the excess water, then just use the vac hose and wand to do a final extract.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Get an actual pressure washer or something to give you over 1500psi. I do patio carpets all the time, I have a pressure washer gun I can hook up to my solution hose and I generally use 1500 psi with it. Even a 3000 psi pressure washer will work. Wash it all off. Use a squeegee to push off the excess water, then just use the vac hose and wand to do a final extract.
Push the excess water on the grass?

Reactions: keep it clean

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
That's a 450 sqft filthy carpet, how long do you think it will take and is $450 a fair price?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That's a 450 sqft filthy carpet, how long do you think it will take and is $450 a fair price?
I’d guess 1-2 hours. Your price of $300 is fair I think. The water shouldn’t hurt the grass. Start by pressure washing with just water, you may not need any chemicals. Once you have pressure washed all the dirt & sand out if you still need chemical then clean it like you normally would by prespraying and using the wand.

I bet you will be surprised just how much will pressure wash off.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes I got to watch the pool.
Couple saw horses and plastic conduit spanning them with tarp drapped over it all should keep spatter off of the cover. Have to watch your run off though. It looks like it will be ok.

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
Today I went to see the job and do a small test to have a feel of it. It is about 450 sqft, last year when the customer bought the house the carpet was clean and I guess the winter brought this dirt on it. I did clean a small area and there is a heavy build up, pre spray and extract won't work, I had to scrap the heavy build up first then then scrub it and then extract, a small area as you can see on the picture took me about 5 min with my mytee lite. I use this machine for small tests or upholstery. what is the easiest way and fastest way to clean this heavy build up? I told Mr Khan before I saw the place it would be $ 300 or more, but even $ 300 was out of his budget, so when I have arrived to look at the job today I saw a brand new porscheon his drive way, how much do you guys think it will take, how much should i quote him?

View attachment 85162View attachment 85163View attachment 85164
Outdoor carpet... Pfft!

Latest posts