Help! NEW CLEANER! It's Me.

Thomas Mayo

Mar 20, 2018
Real Name
Thomas Mayo
Hello Everyone,

My name is Thomas. For about the last two years I've been cleaning apartment units for a friend of mines apartment complexes, we have 276 units, I average about ten units a month, and it has been great for supplemental income. I have also been doing some interior car detailing as well on the side, all in conjunction with a forty hour a week job. Last week I had three people in one day ask me for my card, I didn't have one. So with that many inquiries, I decided to pick some up. They came on Friday of last week (March 16th, 2018), I gave one to a friend of mine at a restaurant on Saturday the 17th, and today the 20th, I got a phone call from the restaurant manager asking me if I would come in and put in a bid to clean their kitchen, and if that goes well, potentially the entire restaurant. Now this was a little unexpected and I feel a bit like I bit like a fish out of water. Just looking for any advice you guys would be able to give me, tips, or advice on the bidding process that you can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Mayo

Thomas Mayo

Mar 20, 2018
Real Name
Thomas Mayo
I am essentially a one man op with little for resources, but means to get some. I intend on picking up a fair amount of "green" chemicals tomorrow, the business said that's what they would prefer. Other than that I have a carpet cleaner and a power washer.

Thomas Mayo

Mar 20, 2018
Real Name
Thomas Mayo
When you say kitchen I assume it’s tile??

What equipment do you have?

I am essentially a one man op with little for resources, but means to get some. I intend on picking up a fair amount of "green" chemicals tomorrow, the business said that's what they would prefer. Other than that I have a carpet cleaner and a power washer.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Do you have any pictures of what you will be working on?

If it’s kitchen tile I would definitely use a scrubber. Simple Green is a good kitchen degreaser that works well on restaurant floors.

There are some great tools for tile cleaning available in our industry. Having a truckmount with high pressure hot water and a tile spinner would be ideal on this job and definitely something to work towards if you decide to get into the business full time.

For now using what you have available I recommend the Simple Green and Scrubber. Have a squeegee to push the water to a floor drain. Most restraunts have a hot water hose bib. I’d take a garden hose rated for hot water Home Depot sells them) along with a hose nozzle to help with rinsing the floor.