HELP ME OUT -- NEED ADVICE

XpertCarpetCare

Nov 3, 2009
Maryland
Real Name
Daniel Oconner
Business Location
United States
Owner of Expert Carpet Cleaning here, after reading all the posts your mistaken the wrong company. In 15 years I have never had a van towed nor did I talk to you today. Please look over your receipt and get the right company name off of it.

May 6, 2008
GA.
Real Name
D Oxley
Business Location
United States
The cleaner had a "car"...?

"His car got towed...".

You mention renting it out. Do you live there now? If not, turn the heat up to help dry it out more quickly. That will help.

Hate to tell you, but it does sound like a mix of pre- existing conditions and over- wetting due to insufficient vacuum. In other words, you would in all likelihood have an odor problem, regardless of whether it was over- wet or not. However, if what you're saying is accurate, over- wetting did play a factor.

Next time you call a carpet cleaner, if they show up in a car to do the work, send them away.

dsimms

Jun 17, 2009
MN
Real Name
David Simms
Business Location
United States
From the Expert website: "Mistake #2: Choosing a carpet cleaner who isn't certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
If your carpet cleaner isn't a close friend, you may not know whether they have the knowledge or experience to clean your carpet well. If you want to be sure you're hiring a competent professional, make sure they are IICRC certified. The carpet cleaner must earn that certification through study, experience, and the successful completion of formal, written examinations."

Just checked the IICRC locate a certified pro list for all cleaners within 50 miles of DC and Expert is not on the list. Now that is funny.

You are offering a false sense of home and security...you are implying since I am not certified, then I am going to be a bad carpet cleaner...a certification is just a piece of paper..a pharmacy tech has to be certified, but that does not mean they are good at their job, and they make mistakes also.

I wish you guys would stop saying just because a carpet
cleaner is certified, then there is no wrong. in a wolrd where there is very little regulation on o/o cleaners. a certification is just another fancy piece of paper, that most anyone can get if they so desire to get one....

certified or not, this is just one of those issues where the CC should have taken responsibility...

Besides, you are quick to judge, and we are just hearing a one-sided story.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
dsimms, right now its about all we have to judge cleaners by. I don't know how many homeowners give multiple choice tests before asking someone to clean.

Till we have another way ..... its what we have to use.

I'd feel safer if a cleaner has been through the trianing ... rather than just repeating what the lead tech told him to say on his training day .... two years ago.

Some here are certified IIRC and some are not. Its not the end all be all for knowing what you are doing but its a start.