Help me buy a steamer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help me buy a steamer

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
She who must.....be obeyed (aka "The Wife") wants to steam the walls, floor and anything else that takes her fancy.
I dont even know if this is the right thread to post.
Moderators please move the post if there is a more appropriate thread.

So, whats a make that I need to be looking at?
I know nothing about steamers except the local jani supply wanted to sell me one for $800 a couple of years ago. I thought that was too much. I know a person can buy something from Walmart etc for a couple hundred or less (probably, havent actually looked) and I usually find there is something to be had that bridges those price differences and gives adequate service.
So what is there?

Thanks in advance

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Google it Bex! 'Steamer' opens up a world of options..Wall Paper Steamer from HD to Stanley AKA(Stupid) Steemer!

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Google it Bex! 'Steamer' opens up a world of options..Wall Paper Steamer from HD to Stanley AKA(Stupid) Steemer!
Hey, its THE MAN!
Thats the issue with Googling it. Too too many options for a tired out brain to cope with. If I can hone in here on a handful or less, then I can start the process of figuring out what to buy.
Nice to see you back on here. Of course, you might have never gone away and I just never seen your posts.

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Th
Hey, its THE MAN!
Thats the issue with Googling it. Too too many options for a tired out brain to cope with. If I can hone in here on a handful or less, then I can start the process of figuring out what to buy.
Nice to see you back on here. Of course, you might have never gone away and I just never seen your posts.
Thanks Bex..well let's start with #1 for the handful of suggestions..How about 'Steamer' Clams! LOL

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
HOw much you wanna spend?
Do you want it to make the wifey happy or do you actually want to incorporate that in your bring it to the next level?

anything below 1k will be a waste of your hard earned money. I researched for more than a year till I got mine. wife is happy and it makes us money too.
two birds one stone.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
The ones at Walmart, etc are junk :)

I have read that the lady bug steamers are pretty good, but i dont own one.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I don't remember where I bought it, how much I paid for it, or even the name of it, but I bought one Todd recommended, about a year ago, and use it almost daily.

It's a good one.

Ask Todd.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
HOw much you wanna spend?
Do you want it to make the wifey happy or do you actually want to incorporate that in your bring it to the next level?

anything below 1k will be a waste of your hard earned money. I researched for more than a year till I got mine. wife is happy and it makes us money too.
two birds one stone.
I am OK with around $1000.00

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
those are good machines, whatever you buy make sure you get something that has continues flow. which means, you can add water while working. the one that you are looking at you need to let it cool off before you can add water to it. at least 30 to 40 min. it may heat up fast but waiting in the middle of the job to be able to refill it is a pita and time consuming.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
those are good machines, whatever you buy make sure you get something that has continues flow. which means, you can add water while working. the one that you are looking at you need to let it cool off before you can add water to it. at least 30 to 40 min. it may heat up fast but waiting in the middle of the job to be able to refill it is a pita and time consuming.
Yeah, I have been reading a bit today about these. Continuous duty cycles are important. Not now but potentially for the future. I found a site, lost it again, but it was giving all this info. Can't even find it in my history file. Some are only meant for 1-2 hours a couple times a week while others can go 24/7.
Whats yours rated for or rather, how many continuous hours do you put it through on a daily basis?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Yeah, I have been reading a bit today about these. Continuous duty cycles are important. Not now but potentially for the future. I found a site, lost it again, but it was giving all this info. Can't even find it in my history file. Some are only meant for 1-2 hours a couple times a week while others can go 24/7.
Whats yours rated for or rather, how many continuous hours do you put it through on a daily basis?
I don't use it on a daily basis but at least two times a week. I would need to ask my wife if she has paid attention to that and kept track of the time. Today I used it several times through the job (all the furniture around the house been working there for two full days) I did not have to add any water to it but it was on and off. Last week I cleaned a wood floor 700Ft it took about two hours no additional water needed. I think it is supposed to give you 4 hours but honestly I doubt it. I owuld say 3 hrs continues non stop is doable. the good think with mine is I just lift the "plug" I add more water give it two minutes and I keep going.
very good machine I love it. I got it about 4 months ago and it has really made me money and my wife's job easier which is the most important thing.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I got a site that has refurbished ones for 800 free shipping. the guy is very nice. I'll look it up and post it on here. You could have the same I have or something better for at least 3 to 4 hundred cheaper.