Help Guide to clean manufactured wood with squeegee wand? Please Help

Prouddadx6

Jan 4, 2010
Boulder Colorado
Real Name
Keith Wroblewski
Business Location
United States
I have a client who just moved into a very used home. We cleaned their tile, garage and carpets and had very happy clients. The next day they asked if we could do their manufactured wood. I looked into buying one of the wood floor scrubbers like the Clarke, Dirt Dragon or lindhaus but was a little surprised on how expensive they are and the general dissatisfaction most people have with them. One post on the forums said he uses a squeegee wand with great results. Unfortunately, there was a lack of details like what chemical, water pressure, amount of pressure and heat. If anyone has used this method with good results, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
A red pad on a 175 works great.
I use squeaky hardwood floor products.
Mist the floor with cleaner.
Scrub with 175
Pick up soiled solution with microfiber mop.
Buff with white pad on 175.

You can also finish with a topical coating.

Prouddadx6

Jan 4, 2010
Boulder Colorado
Real Name
Keith Wroblewski
Business Location
United States
I'm a little leary of the Red pad being too aggressive. I've tried the white pad with decent results. I also ordered some white bonnet pads. I watched a video where the guy said the bonnet pad picked up more than the white pad. I also like the squeaky floor products.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I use a hard surface gekko wand, I actually dont use the spray nozzle. Instead I use a pump up sprayer and mist the floor with the neutral cleaner. Then simply suck it up with the squeegee wand. Then I mist it with fresh water and squeegee again. Dont ever have issues with water damaging it. Yes I know, there is probably some crazy reason why my method is bad but it's been producing beautiful results. I just am careful not to overwet the floors.