Help choosing a vacuum cleaner.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I’ve always heard the opposite. The gears in the brush pro are metal and last, that’s one reason they are expensive.
No I had brush pros they have plastic gears the reason they are so expensive is there a widebody Austrian design pro 45 and pro 35 simple made heavier-duty in all directions and have sealed bearings but then the Austrian tm3 tm4 &tm5 which are the standard duty models are slightly less heavy duty but will hold up just fine if cared for
manufacturers just relabel from the same Austrian manufacturer units
The Austrian machines are the real deal
And will last long time (but)!

if you use corrosive stuff (for example floor stripper) they die!

constantly spray the bearings with WD-40 and wash out the grease they die!

if you treat them like they are a heavy duty floor machine toss them in of out of your truck they die!

run them in a foot of water they die!

Leave them on the brushes without the tray (so they hop around) they die!

People just don't treat them like they cost two grand and are made of sheet metal!!!

They need wiped out after every single use!!!

If they start to make a bearing grinding noise replace the bearing before it meltdown!!!

Treat them like a precious little baby. They will last

Another reason is they buy the cheap ones by strong dry that are Chinese Austrian clones and fall apart
Now strong dry uses to Austrian built

Sorry this is a sensitive subject for me I guess I got triggered my rant for the day is done

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Hum I’ll have to research that. It’s pretty much opposite of what I’ve been taught.

Ask I was in San Diego they were comparing a brush pro to a generic and showing how the brush pro had metal while the others were plastic. But I’ve been prone to confusing things.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ive owned Kirbys, Sanitaire commercials, oreck commercials.. and a few more.

I hate to say it and youll prob hate me for saying it but the Bissell Clean View cleans right along side them WHEN brand new. Pulls insane amounts of stuff from a carpet suction is excellent.

They are $69-89 on Amazon, by the time they stink and need maintenance we just throw them away and buy a brand new one. Once they have some miles on them they dont clean like brand new but youll get easily a year out of them.

dont believe me? buy one and try it side by side with a $1000 vacuum.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hum I’ll have to research that. It’s pretty much opposite of what I’ve been taught.

Ask I was in San Diego they were comparing a brush pro to a generic and showing how the brush pro had metal while the others were plastic. But I’ve been prone to confusing things.
Here are brush pro gears they are much heavier dutie in the TM 5 series
Screenshot_20190106-225327_Chrome.jpg

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I couldn’t go into a million dollar home, charge them several hundred per hr and break out a Bissel. Just by design a Bissel isn’t equal. They draw air in through the hose usually located on the side of the bar. Dragging dirt and debris across the head. A unit like a Kirby has a equal amt of suction since it’s suction comes directly from the middle. I have owned a Kirby in a long time but the construction, design, materials are in no way equal.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Here are brush pro gears they are much heavier dutie in the TM 5 series View attachment 82105
I’ll be darned. Maybe they were discussing my host machine then. I know it’s belt driven. Plastic or not I’ve read so little negative about the brush pro. The 17” is designed for my rug washing, while the 10” I know isn’t sealed. But I’d like a 10” for residential either way.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I’ll be darned. Maybe they were discussing my host machine then. I know it’s belt driven. Plastic or not I’ve read so little negative about the brush pro. The 17” is designed for my rug washing, while the 10” I know isn’t sealed. But I’d like a 10” for residential either way.
And in order to make those gears out of metal they would have to use powdered metal gear forming which would be okay in a low-impact operation. things that are seeing a ton of impact and by ton I mean literal ton like in this application nylon/delran would actually be a superior material cuz instead of just shattering it will deflect which will eventually causes the failure but will not leave you stranded instantly.

I have never had a gear fall in any of my crb and I have one from 2001 yes I have gone through it. And I did replace worn gears but it has a ton of hours on it.

Also metal straight cut gears with sound like an airplane taking off. It would be as loud as a Kirby lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The plastics they use is pretty amazing stuff.
My host is all metal and belt driven. I really want to take it all apart and check the bearings but am kinda nervous too since I have no back up. When’s the new mytee going to be avail do you know?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The plastics they use is pretty amazing stuff.
My host is all metal and belt driven. I really want to take it all apart and check the bearings but am kinda nervous too since I have no back up. When’s the new mytee going to be avail do you know?
Oh man those host machines well out last any of the others
People knock on them because you can only get them from host and or the janitorial supply that's carrying them because they can't be the supplier they don't like them.
I had quite a few over the years eventually they get rusty but they still work just fine. Parts are always available from host.
hey when all else fails throw coat of paint on it make it look pretty in throwing your stickers on it you know dress up that pig. I gave one to a friend that I completely polished and paint it up he still using it today that was like seven years ago.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
We all need the 1960s Hoover Dial A Matic. Don’t know if you recall it, was before my time actually. But I bet theirs tons of them still working. Dirty air went around the motor and they lasted forever. Ugly, but advanced for their time.
Vacuum cleaners are designed for obsolescence. Manufactures of low end “box store” type do. Or design them for quality. I’d love to see a genuine review of a low end Bissel vs a Kirby. Just the way they are designed I could see it actually pushing dirt down into the carpet only as some gets into the machine. Damaging carpet filaments along the way.
I used to be of the mindset a vacuum that was hard to push through the pile really must be one heck of a vacuum.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Oh man those host machines well out last any of the others
People knock on them because you can only get them from host and or the janitorial supply that's carrying them because they can't be the supplier they don't like them.
I had quite a few over the years eventually they get rusty but they still work just fine. Parts are always available from host.
hey when all else fails throw coat of paint on it make it look pretty in throwing your stickers on it you know dress up that pig. I gave one to a friend that I completely polished and paint it up he still using it today that was like seven years ago.
Mine actually still looks pretty darn nice. But I’m sure it needs something. Makes a weird sound that’s becoming more common as I use it. I wish I could get it professionally repaired. One day I’ll look at it. I’m certain it needs bearings

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Mine actually still looks pretty darn nice. But I’m sure it needs something. Makes a weird sound that’s becoming more common as I use it. I wish I could get it professionally repaired. One day I’ll look at it. I’m certain it needs bearings
Look it up on YouTube host has repair videos

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
$1299 for Mytees new 10” crb. That’s pretty darn good! I was just checking it out on their site

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I couldn’t go into a million dollar home, charge them several hundred per hr and break out a Bissel. Just by design a Bissel isn’t equal. They draw air in through the hose usually located on the side of the bar. Dragging dirt and debris across the head. A unit like a Kirby has a equal amt of suction since it’s suction comes directly from the middle. I have owned a Kirby in a long time but the construction, design, materials are in no way equal.
definitely true the bissell is cheap no doubt, but it pulls wads out of carpets.. plus once you slap your company stickers on it and pull off the bissell ones it looks pretty damn branded and professional

also all vacuums once they have made the rounds in the trenches of this filthy dirty industry are absolutely disgusting... nothing professional about a stinky vacuum in a customers home.

Part of the reason I prefer to just toss them every once in a while and grab a brand new one

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I ended up buying the Sebo. Many of you guys do nasty carpet. I have the foruntate privlidge to clean a lot of carpet that’s already pretty darn clean! Lol
Between the Sebo and the Kirby I’ll be happy. Both are used but excellent condition

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is our latest go too

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I use the Apex Duo. Very good vacuums. I personally wanted vacs for just me. Many clients are very wealthy and coming in with a Kirby or Sebo will impress them. But I love my Shark Apex.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I use the Apex Duo. Very good vacuums. I personally wanted vacs for just me. Many clients are very wealthy and coming in with a Kirby or Sebo will impress them. But I love my Shark Apex.
We use the Shark in our shops and on rugs. But use ProTeam uprights because they don't look like anything clients use.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I almost bought a proteam. I hear great things about them. Went with a Sebo. It was a trade in at a vac shop and about the same price as the proteam. I hear those are nice!