Help..Blood on wool... Any suggestions? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Help..Blood on wool... Any suggestions?

Tony_R

Oct 15, 2008
Bend, OR
Real Name
Tony Rosiello
Business Location
United States
Have a customer call today that has white wool carpet and she wants me to attempt to remove some blood drops on it. Spots will be about 48hrs old. I didnt promise any miracles but just curious how some of you would go at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Deco

Deco

Aug 25, 2013
Texas
Real Name
Eric Rhodes
Have a customer call today that has white wool carpet and she wants me to attempt to remove some blood drops on it. Spots will be about 48hrs old. I didnt promise any miracles but just curious how some of you would go at it.

I am not a big "blood guy" :confused: but say it is surface level.

Vac, molecular modifier sprayed and groomed in, biobreak, agitate, hwe. Microban area. Groom.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TMF Forums mobile app

Deco

Aug 25, 2013
Texas
Real Name
Eric Rhodes
Obviously a lower pH wool specific product is optimal, just what I would do.

Scott Warrington will tell you to use the Bridgepoint wool products. He would be right. :oops:

Deco

Aug 25, 2013
Texas
Real Name
Eric Rhodes
Stain magic for wool.
Rinse with an acid

Doesn't stain magic on relatively fresh blood seem like overkill before normal cleaning with spotting hasn't worked?

You may better than I would, I don't recall ever seeing significant blood on white wool.

Mike Draper

Jul 19, 2011
Ut
Real Name
Mike Draper
Business Location
United States
Just keep it simple. Stain magic for wool, but use a color stabilizer first. Also made by stain magic. Extract it first if you really want to. Just cleaned some the other day on wool. Came out 100%

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
If the blood is a "few drops" and mostly on the surface it will come out with a cleaner for wool like Wool Perfect.

If the blood is down into the carpet, flush with cool water. This will get a lot of it out.
Weak hydrogen peroxide can be used. Nothing stronger than the 3% you get in a brown pint bottle at the drug store. You can also use StainZONE diluted with distilled water or Stain Magic for Wool.

Tony_R

Oct 15, 2008
Bend, OR
Real Name
Tony Rosiello
Business Location
United States
Thanks for all the help. Managed to get it all out with water /mild spotter and tons of blotting..customer had already worked on it with folex with no luck... I was a hero!

Reactions: Scott W