Heck of a way to start a monday | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Heck of a way to start a monday

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
First job this morning was beyond being cleaned really, but ppl just wanted our best. Probably around 50 red stains that he wasn't willing to pay for. O well sometimes you do what your paid for.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

James L.

Oct 9, 2017
Real Name
James Langley
First job this morning was beyond being cleaned really, but ppl just wanted our best. Probably around 50 red stains that he wasn't willing to pay for. O well sometimes you do what your paid for.
I've seen and cleaned many carpets like that, where you quickly realize it's not going to get 100% clean. But most times, like you said, the customer really appreciates that you gave it your best shot. And yep, we do what we get paid to do on some jobs. Heck of an improvement in my opinion!

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I've seen and cleaned many carpets like that, where you quickly realize it's not going to get 100% clean. But most times, like you said, the customer really appreciates that you gave it your best shot. And yep, we do what we get paid to do on some jobs. Heck of an improvement in my opinion!
Exactly! Overall it looked way better, just some spots weren't going to come up.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
:eek: Try and sell him a sippy cup, someone can't keep hold of their glass.
I mean I just don't get how people spill red Kool aid from one side of the house to the other. Mind boggling. I know who these ppl rent off too, one of my favorite property management companies, yeah their going to be pissed when these ppl move ha.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I mean I just don't get how people spill red Kool aid from one side of the house to the other. Mind boggling. I know who these ppl rent off too, one of my favorite property management companies, yeah their going to be pissed when these ppl move ha.
Kids?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I cleaned one that was worse than that. It was a Section 8 and had bubble gum, candy, unidentifiable black stuff, red stains, brown stains, stains under stains and the lady told me, "Well, I know it is not going to come clean but they want me to have it cleaned." I responded, "You do realize that they are going to charge you to replace the carpet even if I clean it?" She told me she did but that she was required to get it cleaned. So, being the trooper I am, I cranked the heat, scrubbed it with CRB, soaked it with Citrus-Solv and Pro 10K, Let it dwell about 30 minutes and then ran my wand over it. You would never believe that someone cleaned the carpet after I was done. I could tell a difference but if someone who didn't see it before had come in after I "cleaned it" then they would have sworn that I did nothing! It is the one job we now use to compare all other rat nasties to.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Ahh man! Look at that old school vinyl looking tile on the right! Great job, you guys not need to beat up on yourself, just because the customer neglected there duty to take care of there carpets, tile, etc etc..... This is not our fault! We’re just trying to help out the situation in some cases!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cameron RDS

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Like I have said before, I am really glad that there are cleaners out there that are willing to take those kind of jobs.