Heck Of A Sample

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
So I had to come out to a home for an estimate to restore an old marble shower that was gross and had not been touched for 15 plus years. Me being the salesmen that I am if I see anything else I can do, customer is going to know about it! So I see her main floor and how horrible it was, so I told her we can make it look new again and asked for her permission to do a sample. At first she hesitated and asked could I do one in a back area that you will not see to much of a difference. So she gave me the go ahead, and later was butt hurt about it even though she did not say so I knew she was! I explained to her most people are happy that they know there is hope for there floors, she complained now there’s a huge spot on my floors. I asked her you want me to put the dirt back on it? I said your walking and living in dirt! Of course she was not hearing it and she said I am forcing her to do this, I said you gave me permission to do this sample, wow some people! And this older home was minutes from the beach.

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Im gunna offer samples but try doing it in the most seen areas lol did you give the lady price before or after demo? Some people complain no matter what you do bro

Reactions: Dafloorman

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Im gunna offer samples but try doing it in the most seen areas lol did you give the lady price before or after demo? Some people complain no matter what you do bro
It was after, I called her this morning as a follow up on her decision. She mentioned she’s gotten a lot of good estimates. I said to myself good for you (dirty lady)!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Nah,
leave it alone. Next time write up a invoice and put no charge for sample. write notes and document everything and of course get her signature first before doing the sample. Communication will always be #1, then the work. This way she cannot give you her lip.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Get the dirty water back out of your tank. Dump it on the spot and say there you go. I gave you your dirt back. I had a dude complain that i made his grout look like new again. He said he was purposely getting it dirty so it would look grey then he was going to seal it. You cant win with some people.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
So I had to come out to a home for an estimate to restore an old marble shower that was gross and had not been touched for 15 plus years. Me being the salesmen that I am if I see anything else I can do, customer is going to know about it! So I see her main floor and how horrible it was, so I told her we can make it look new again and asked for her permission to do a sample. At first she hesitated and asked could I do one in a back area that you will not see to much of a difference. So she gave me the go ahead, and later was butt hurt about it even though she did not say so I knew she was! I explained to her most people are happy that they know there is hope for there floors, she complained now there’s a huge spot on my floors. I asked her you want me to put the dirt back on it? I said your walking and living in dirt! Of course she was not hearing it and she said I am forcing her to do this, I said you gave me permission to do this sample, wow some people! And this older home was minutes from the beach.
I would be pissed off if ya did that.
That floor was not that soiled compared to others I seen.

Not sure what your conversation was, but I think you ruined that floor from its current state, as it was not real soiled... And it is in the center of kitchen. I would not hire you to complete the work. I would try to sue ya.

As far as I know you could of spilled some cleaner chemical on that area or ya had a leaking portable.

Last edited:

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I would be pissed off if ya did that.
That floor was not that soiled compared to others I seen.

Not sure what your conversation was, but I think you ruined that floor from its current state, as it was not real soiled... And it is in the center of kitchen. I would not hire you to complete the work. I would try to sue ya.

As far as I know you could of spilled some cleaner chemical on that area or ya had a leaking portable.
Your a DICK! Why are you even in this business? You definitely don’t know what your talking about! Just running your mouth! WOW First off why would I use a portable to clean a square tile? My samples are no bigger than that. 2nd I only use GM, a brush, rag, and a fan, 3rd that’s not the kitchen, 4th your still a DICK!

Last edited:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Your a DICK! Why are you even in this business? You definitely don’t know what your talking about! Just running your mouth! WOW First off why would I use a portable to clean a square tile? My samples are no bigger than that. 2nd I only use GM, a brush, rag, and a fan, 3rd that’s not the kitchen, 4th your still a DICK!
Lol i was like whattttt? My man is goin off lol. Now i see why. I forgot I blocked greg the other day i cant see his posts in browser app.

Latest posts