Heavy rain=water leak...hellllpppp...(again)

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
My 02 disco ii se7, has a leak. From somewhere. The first time I noticed, I was parked on an incline... My nose was downwards and it screwed up my radio....dried it out... Put some sealant around where I thought the leak was coming in and started parking 'nose up' like I'm going uphill...everything was OK except we had a HEAVY HEAVYYYY rain and though the radio was OK this time, water is leaking from the area above rearview mirror when I make particular turns. Can someone please walk me thru the process of checking/ fixing this leak? I can't let dealers do it as they are charging me $200 just to ASSESS the truck and tell me all of its "quirks"...I dare ask them to fix anything except my ATF change...

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
My 02 disco ii se7, has a leak. From somewhere. The first time I noticed, I was parked on an incline... My nose was downwards and it screwed up my radio....dried it out... Put some sealant around where I thought the leak was coming in and started parking 'nose up' like I'm going uphill...everything was OK except we had a HEAVY HEAVYYYY rain and though the radio was OK this time, water is leaking from the area above rearview mirror when I make particular turns. Can someone please walk me thru the process of checking/ fixing this leak? I can't let dealers do it as they are charging me $200 just to ASSESS the truck and tell me all of its "quirks"...I dare ask them to fix anything except my ATF change...
thanks in advance for any help

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
My 02 disco ii se7, has a leak. From somewhere. The first time I noticed, I was parked on an incline... My nose was downwards and it screwed up my radio....dried it out... Put some sealant around where I thought the leak was coming in and started parking 'nose up' like I'm going uphill...everything was OK except we had a HEAVY HEAVYYYY rain and though the radio was OK this time, water is leaking from the area above rearview mirror when I make particular turns emergency plumber. Can someone please walk me thru the process of checking/ fixing this leak? I can't let dealers do it as they are charging me $200 just to ASSESS the truck and tell me all of its "quirks"...I dare ask them to fix anything except my ATF change...
looking for the quick response