Heater

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Russell Bullock jr
So my prochem performer heat HX has started leaking so bad I can't use it. My tm is down. I'm a steam fitter / hvac repairman by trade for 20 years. Is there a way or has anyone ever rewound a new tube around the hx? My other choice is to build my own version of the little giant propane water heater. I can build it for about $500. Has anyone ever done this before . Rewound a new coil or is it better to go the other way and build a heater.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
So my prochem performer heat HX has started leaking so bad I can't use it. My tm is down. I'm a steam fitter / hvac repairman by trade for 20 years. Is there a way or has anyone ever rewound a new tube around the hx? My other choice is to build my own version of the little giant propane water heater. I can build it for about $500. Has anyone ever done this before . Rewound a new coil or is it better to go the other way and build a heater.
Interesting...how would you go about building your own propane heater safely? Would it be capable of withstanding 1200 psi? What temps would you expect from it with an 8 flow wand?

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Russell Bullock jr
Interesting...how would you go about building your own propane heater safely? Would it be capable of withstanding 1200 psi? What temps would you expect from it with an 8 flow wand?
I can buy the same parts as the little giant. I can make the copper coil . I'm going to use a old air compressor tank. And rap it with fire blanket. Then I'm going to build a box around it . Iv done a lot of research on the little giant propane water heater. It's no different than a boiler . I'm just making a small version of it. Ill have safety gas valve and pressure relief valves. I have a water heater from a camper to get parts from. Ill just have to post pics of the process.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I can buy the same parts as the little giant. I can make the copper coil . I'm going to use a old air compressor tank. And rap it with fire blanket. Then I'm going to build a box around it . Iv done a lot of research on the little giant propane water heater. It's no different than a boiler . I'm just making a small version of it. Ill have safety gas valve and pressure relief valves. I have a water heater from a camper to get parts from. Ill just have to post pics of the process.
Just buy a proper heat exchanger and stop being cheap. Also there are guys in Florida that make great Heat Exchangers, Google them.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Definitely post pictures along the build. I love seeing stuff like that, it's like HGTV for carpet cleaning mechanics. I'm always building/modifying something to work better or faster for less.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Google his company and look at the negative reviews.
Hey, can you give me some feed back in regards to Blue Baron HX. I just purchased my HX today and then I read your comment. Thank you.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I'm confused. Are you thinking of cutting the air tank and putting the coils inside?