Heat | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Heat

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
I recently purchased a new Truckmount and I love it. So my question is I went from a steamway 2100 fuel burn to a heat exchanger.My 2100 would hold 200 degrees heat all day. My heat exchanger runs at about 180 / 190 degrees. So is this heat suitable for carpet cleaning. Its cleans very well. Just wondering if that 20 degree lost is a big deal.or was 200 over kill I only ran heat at 200 on carpet that really should of been replaced [what's a good heat] I pre vacuum and crb. Thanks in advance for your input.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Its fine man. Fuel heat is addicting but if your getting 190 atw its good.

You probably won't be melting gum out or slime but definitely it will clean fine.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Your heat exchanger unit is going to run hot in the summer and cooler in the winter because of ground water temperatures. We regularly fill our freshwater tanks with warm or hot water in the winter. Definitely, makes a difference and stays below the low temperature seal limit on pumps. Routing a high temperature bypass to your freshwater tank (if you run one) is a good idea in winter only, if you don't lay the wand down much.

Single wire hose like Goodyear robs a good bit of heat on a live reel from the panel to the wand, oem turbo or Parker parflex hose doesn't, I lose just 17° between the two on a 200' live reel with oem.

There are other tricks, but I don't think there is a huge difference over going 175° at the wand, especially if you have soft water or a softener. Everything lasts longer too, hoses, fittings, valves, etc...

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Get some Hi-temp header wrap
Keep you van cabin much cooler
Helps with noise
And keep your solution hotter and more consistent, maybe 20F better depending

Attachments

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Its fine man. Fuel heat is addicting but if your getting 190 atw its good.

You probably won't be melting gum out or slime but definitely it will clean fine.
Thank you sir

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Your heat exchanger unit is going to run hot in the summer and cooler in the winter because of ground water temperatures. We regularly fill our freshwater tanks with warm or hot water in the winter. Definitely, makes a difference and stays below the low temperature seal limit on pumps. Routing a high temperature bypass to your freshwater tank (if you run one) is a good idea in winter only, if you don't lay the wand down much.

Single wire hose like Goodyear robs a good bit of heat on a live reel from the panel to the wand, oem turbo or Parker parflex hose doesn't, I lose just 17° between the two on a 200' live reel with oem.

There are other tricks, but I don't think there is a huge difference over going 175° at the wand, especially if you have soft water or a softener. Everything lasts longer too, hoses, fittings, valves, etc...
Thank you sir

Reactions: Jim Davisson