HEAT ISSUE

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon
I HAVE A ISSUE WITH MY WATER TEMP NOT GETTING HOT LIKE IT SHOULD SO WITH A NEW 180* TEMP VALVE I RUN THE UNIT A BOXXER 421 WITH THE WASTE TANK LID OFF I SEE THAT WATER IS JUST FLOWING DOWN THE WAST TANK NONE STOP NOT SHOOTING OUT JUST RUNNING LIKE A STREAM SO IVE BEEN TROUBLESHOOTING THIS ISSUE SO I PINCH THE LINE JUST AFTER THE 180* TEMP VALVE AND IT STOPS DOSE THAT MEAN THE DEMA VALVE IS NOT GOOD ? I NEED HELP THANK YOU

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I HAVE A ISSUE WITH MY WATER TEMP NOT GETTING HOT LIKE IT SHOULD SO WITH A NEW 180* TEMP VALVE I RUN THE UNIT A BOXXER 421 WITH THE WASTE TANK LID OFF I SEE THAT WATER IS JUST FLOWING DOWN THE WAST TANK NONE STOP NOT SHOOTING OUT JUST RUNNING LIKE A STREAM SO IVE BEEN TROUBLESHOOTING THIS ISSUE SO I PINCH THE LINE JUST AFTER THE 180* TEMP VALVE AND IT STOPS DOSE THAT MEAN THE DEMA VALVE IS NOT GOOD ? I NEED HELP THANK YOU
Yes, if you pinched the line from your thermal relief and it stops you just need a new thermal valve. If it didn't stop that would mean your high pressure Dema solenoid is out. You will not lose all your heat when the thermal relief goes out, but it will fill your waste tank pretty fast and you'll be doing good to get much more than 150 or thereabouts.

Here's a simple trick I learned to tell if your solenoid is the problem that may be helpful. Turn the machine on and turn the temp knob all the way to 250 degrees and let the machine get hot, at least 170 or so on the temp gauge if possible. Now turn the temperature control knob down below 170 and watch your PRESSURE GAUGE to look for a slight drop in pressure. If your dema is working there WILL BE a drop in pressure and it will go right back up when you turn the temp dial back up above 170 INSTANTLY. You may need to block off your vacuum port to do this test for a few minutes. If you don't see that change in pressure the problem is the DEMA solenoid, NOT the thermal relief. You don't even need to open your tank to do this. If you see the Dema is working properly and water is going into the waste tank continuously you now know it's your thermal valve needs replaced. This is a quick visual check for the Dema solenoid that takes less than a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian3180

mannyclean

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
manuel castrejon