Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Jason,

Did you call the phone number on the side of your kero heater that I noticed in your picture? I would have done that first.

That is not a heat exchanger, it is a stand-alone heater. OK, I guess it does exchange the heat from the flame to the water you are cleaning with, but CCer's refer to that as a stand-alone heat system, as it is not an integral part of the TM.

You need a smaller volume flow switch. Here it is. It still won't solve the problem of heat spikes, but it will work much better than the flow switch that is on there now.

I designed and patented a timing device that cures the heat spike of stand-alone flow fired heaters, but I do not offer it anymore as I have retired from making things for carpet cleaning.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Jason,

Did you call the phone number on the side of your kero heater that I noticed in your picture? I would have done that first.

That is not a heat exchanger, it is a stand-alone heater. OK, I guess it does exchange the heat from the flame to the water you are cleaning with, but CCer's refer to that as a stand-alone heat system, as it is not an integral part of the TM.

You need a smaller volume flow switch. Here it is. It still won't solve the problem of heat spikes, but it will work much better than the flow switch that is on there now.

I designed and patented a timing device that cures the heat spike of stand-alone flow fired heaters, but I do not offer it anymore as I have retired from making things for carpet cleaning.
I didn't even notice the number. But I'm seriously thinking of yanking it out and using the stock exchanger only thing that keeps me from doing so is, I don't know if it works and I also have no clue how to figure out if it works and I also know if I send it to Hillyard they are going to charge me a arm and 3 legs to fix it

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
So I called the number, and they claim the unit is at least 15 years old and they couldn't help me.
Also the breaker for the heat exchanger keeps flipping as soon as I flip the switch. Any ideas why ?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
So I called the number, and they claim the unit is at least 15 years old and they couldn't help me.
Also the breaker for the heat exchanger keeps flipping as soon as I flip the switch. Any ideas why ?
Is there a fuse somewhere?

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller

Attachments

• 1454619700361.jpg
    1454619700361.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 146
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Gonna work at yanking the thing out and see what it takes to get it working. Maybe I should hook it up first and see if it works ?
If you can take it off it would be better, it is bypassed for a reason. You may take it off and see that there is no coil inside, even if there is it probably needs a leak repaired at minimum.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
If you can take it off it would be better, it is bypassed for a reason. You may take it off and see that there is no coil inside, even if there is it probably needs a leak repaired at minimum.
I figured I'll yank it out take. Ask you guys if it's worth getting fixed then go from there

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I figured I'll yank it out take. Ask you guys if it's worth getting fixed then go from there
After you take it off take it to a radiator shop and have them do a pressure test on it to make sure it is not leaking.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
If you can avoid taking it out all the better
It's a real pain to take out and even harder to put back in

If the heat exchanger is stopped up you can run the stuff through it to clean it out

If it's really messed up just bypass it you will still have 170 to 180 decree water from the coolant heat exchanger

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
If you can avoid taking it out all the better
It's a real pain to take out and even harder to put back in

If the heat exchanger is stopped up you can run the stuff through it to clean it out

If it's really messed up just bypass it you will still have 170 to 180 decree water from the coolant heat exchanger
The whole heat exchange system is already by passed to a massive kerosene stand alone heat exchanger and due to it deciding not to work anymore and how crazy hot the water gets I've been looking at switching it back to the stock exchanger

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
It will look similar to this:
View attachment 57556

You should have two lines on your fuel tank. One is a inlet and the other an outlet.

Hopefully there is a primer bulb on the tank outlet hose:
View attachment 57557

Squeeze that until fuel flows back to the fuel tank from the other line.
Paul,
Can you tell me why the breaker for the heat exchanger switch on my TM keeps flipping whenever I turn the heat exchanger on ?