Heat exchanger divertor door sticks

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
Aaron Mortensen
Has anyone else had trouble with their divertor door sticking (either open or close) on a 575 or 875 and if so how often do you take it in for repair or replacement?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Carbon build up maybe? Havent had any issues with mine as of yet are the vac solinoids functioning properly?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I think you are suppose to lube them through the vacuum line ports. squirt some WD40, and apply a light coating of copper anti seize on the stainless steel rod that's connected to the diaphragm

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
You said diverter door. I'm wondering if you mean the actuator that opens and closes it? The actuators last a pretty long time. I put 2 new ones on my Boxxer in about 15 years. Under heavier use ( a lot of hours per year) I could see you needing to replace maybe every 5 years or so. They do wear out but aren't really expensive to replace. I have had that problem caused by old vacuum lines too which is the very first thing you should look at or replace. I just replaced all my vacuum lines for under 10 bucks. Unfortunately, I think my problem is one or both of the vacuum solenoids. I seriously doubt the solenoids are your problem unless the machine is getting pretty old.

How old is the machine? How long since you put new vacuum lines on it? If the actuator is over say 5 years old that could be the whole problem or it could just be a cracked or loose vacuum line. Make sure none are cracked and that all are on nice and tight.

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
Aaron Mortensen
To clarify it is the door that diverts the exhaust for heating. I’ve had the bushing wear out (which causes the door to not move freely and either stay open or stay close) and thus had to buy new bushings every year or so... has this happened to anyone else?