Hearing Protection

Jjourney

Oct 20, 2020
Real Name
Jon Journey
I do car detailing and restoration. Been experiencing some popping and ringing in my ears and I'd love to know what you guys use to protect you ears/hearing while working with loud machines. I don't want it to worsen so I started wearing foam earplugs but they just don't feel right because of my weird angled ear canals.

I'd prefer something like this from Big Ear but I'm still open for other recommendations.

Thanks!

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
I do car detailing and restoration. Been experiencing some popping and ringing in my ears and I'd love to know what you guys use to protect you ears/hearing while working with loud machines. I don't want it to worsen so I started wearing foam earplugs but they just don't feel right because of my weird angled ear canals.

I'd prefer something like this from Big Ear but I'm still open for other recommendations.

Thanks!
Surefire EP4 and EP5. They’re reusable and low profile. EP4 works better when trying to also listen to conversations, but EP5 offers better noise reduction. I haven’t used EP7 though.

Reactions: Jjourney

Jjourney

Oct 20, 2020
Real Name
Jon Journey
Surefire EP4 and EP5. They’re reusable and low profile. EP4 works better when trying to also listen to conversations, but EP5 offers better noise reduction. I haven’t used EP7 though.
I'm gonna look them up and I'll try to find out if they are soft enough for my weirdly curved ear canals. Does the number indicate the effectiveness of how it blocks out sounds?

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
I'm gonna look them up and I'll try to find out if they are soft enough for my weirdly curved ear canals. Does the number indicate the effectiveness of how it blocks out sounds?