Haze left behind after cleaning with Groutmaster | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Haze left behind after cleaning with Groutmaster

Aldon

Oct 26, 2009
New York
Real Name
Al Beers
Business Location
United States
I did a job yesterday using Groutmaster and it left behind a haze/film on the tile. I saw it before I left and rinsing it using the TM and hot water. Client called today saying he can see my foot prints on the surface of tile. Anyone with any thoughts on how to solve this?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
grout haze....send pics....

could be:
- new tile...left over gout hase from installer....
- too much solution...
- didnt dry quickly
- didnt rinse it enough
- didnt use a fan to dry it....
- didnt do enough dry passes

sometimes you can rinse with a mild alcaline to get rid of grout haze...
some say use a acid rinse......

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Reclean. Use less grout master this time and rinse it good. If its let dry it will leave that white haze. Viper venom powder did this also. Toweling it off after helps. I just use a grout brush on a stick and push a towel around behind me. Area dries faster. But usually that haze is from too much solution, it dried before rinsing, or wasnt rinsed off completely.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Reclean. Use less grout master this time and rinse it good. If its let dry it will leave that white haze. Viper venom powder did this also. Toweling it off after helps. I just use a grout brush on a stick and push a towel around behind me. Area dries faster. But usually that haze is from too much solution, it dried before rinsing, or wasnt rinsed off completely.
Do you like the powder better than the liq?
My supplier only stocks liq, I prefer powders...
I was about to order a big bucket of the powder?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Work in smaller areas so he Groutmaster doesn’t have time to dry before you clean it. You have to be sure to go over every square inch of the floor and overlap your passes by half.

Also, what dilution are you using? Mixing it too strong will make it harder to rinse while cleaning. I use 1 to 1.5 scoops per gallon. Any more will be too strong.

Reactions: keep it clean

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Here is the solution followed by prevention/cause as any alkaline can haze. Either Solutions works: 1- Spray a light mist of Unchained and use a microfiber mop. 2- 175 & red pad shear off in seconds 3- Mix Light dilution of GM, 1oz per gallon, and reclean. Prevention/cause; 1) Rinse well 2) Don’t allow any alkaline cleaner to dry 3) Pay attn high areas, they dry fast 4) Don’t use more than 4oz per gallon 5) Don’t use too hot water like with Truckmount courtesy hose. It’s 3 products in one and it will separate and fall out of solution. 6) Follow up cleaning with a micro fiber mop. I’ve used it for over a decade. Had it happen a couple times early on but never again in last 9years.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Another possibility is that sometimes these floors can have remnants of wax where the pre-spray penetrates the wax but does not break up the wax preventing it from being rinsed away. As the water evaporates the powder appears.