Have you ever owned another business? If so list them.

Owned more business's?

• Total voters

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I had a food truck, use to do special events, fairs, festivals, art shows, private events, all kinds of stuff
I enjoyed doing it and the money was pretty good.
I actually looked into doing it again a few years back here in North Carolina but too much red tape and they make it hard to do here as opposed to whenI did it in Columbus Ohio so i said "F" it. But I still would like to do it

• Haha
Reactions: gordon qian

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Where in the hell do you find time for multiple businesses? I have no time left over after running our 3 truck operation and taking care of the kids. I do still work in the field though.

If I had no kids I could see maybe having one more business.

cms

Mar 11, 2022
Real Name
Jordan Somervill
How many business's have you owned?
I have owned and still own a few. Just wondering if anyone else has. It can be Amway to Travel business to anything else. What was your experience with the other business? I'll start;

1) Flat broke started carpet cleaning company 1985-1992 with a Kirby shampooer and moved to Von Schraders (Dyna-Clean)
2) Bought a "mailing/shipping" store. (Wish I would have kept it now since I sell a few items)
3) I sold my carpet business in 1992. (Made a lot & took 3 years off. It was a 5 truck operation. If I hadn't sold it where would be double my size today,but would not be so diversified)
4) Started,owned and sold vacuum store chain 1988-1991 (Jumped out market because of vacuums being sold cheap in dime stores)
5) Started another carpet company late 1993-present (Drynclean)
6) Started a termite & pest control company late 1993-present (Zap Pest Control)
7) Started a water damage company (Flood-X) 2000-present
8) Started TMF with my son in 2007
9) Started a rug spa 2012-present
10) Started Clean Informer magazine with my son. 2013-present

Who knows but I hear most men don't become extremely successful until there late 40's and 50's. I'm 53 and feel more focused than ever. I am always keeping my eyes open. About 15 years ago I invested in land in Wilmington NC. (A friend of mine is a land developer there and he said buy acres because it would skyrocket in value back then) Just about every penny profit I make I try to invest in real estate. (You will find real estate to be the best investments over time)

Over the last year and half I have been reading every marketing piece I can get my hands on and meeting with entrepreneurs who have broken through the glass ceiling,including but not limited to IBM former president,Howard Partridge,Joe Polish,Score,the former owner of Pioneer Eclipse,Liberty Tax franchise owner and Fritz Thompson who owns the carpet cleaning franchise PCS.

How about you? Have you ever owned another bushiness?

Rob

cms

Mar 11, 2022
Real Name
Jordan Somervill
How many business's have you owned?
I have owned and still own a few. Just wondering if anyone else has. It can be Amway to Travel business to anything else. What was your experience with the other business? I'll start;

1) Flat broke started carpet cleaning company 1985-1992 with a Kirby shampooer and moved to Von Schraders (Dyna-Clean)
2) Bought a "mailing/shipping" store. (Wish I would have kept it now since I sell a few items)
3) I sold my carpet business in 1992. (Made a lot & took 3 years off. It was a 5 truck operation. If I hadn't sold it where would be double my size today,but would not be so diversified)
4) Started,owned and sold vacuum store chain 1988-1991 (Jumped out market because of vacuums being sold cheap in dime stores)
5) Started another carpet company late 1993-present (Drynclean)
6) Started a termite & pest control company late 1993-present (Zap Pest Control)
7) Started a water damage company (Flood-X) 2000-present
8) Started TMF with my son in 2007
9) Started a rug spa 2012-present
10) Started Clean Informer magazine with my son. 2013-present

Who knows but I hear most men don't become extremely successful until there late 40's and 50's. I'm 53 and feel more focused than ever. I am always keeping my eyes open. About 15 years ago I invested in land in Wilmington NC. (A friend of mine is a land developer there and he said buy acres because it would skyrocket in value back then) Just about every penny profit I make I try to invest in real estate. (You will find real estate to be the best investments over time)

Over the last year and half I have been reading every marketing piece I can get my hands on and meeting with entrepreneurs who have broken through the glass ceiling,including but not limited to IBM former president,Howard Partridge,Joe Polish,Score,the former owner of Pioneer Eclipse,Liberty Tax franchise owner and Fritz Thompson who owns the carpet cleaning franchise PCS.

How about you? Have you ever owned another bushiness?

Rob

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

alexpor00`

Apr 16, 2022
Gerogia
Real Name
Alex Porteus
Yes I have plans to start a new business
Great to know that and I'm certainly also thinking the same and starting my own business in the city of Idaho. If you are in Idaho what is your opinion on the Idaho Business Entity Search process to set up a business? I went through it and I will be following it to set up business at ease.