Have you ever owned another business? If so list them. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Have you ever owned another business? If so list them.

Owned more business's?

• Total voters

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
-2017 - Learning and wanting to add carpet cleaning to the business.(but wow on the cost of those machines and with no try before you buy, at least here in TN)

You can try almost any equipment you may need at the Interlink Supply in Nashville. It is on Fiber Glass Road just off Polk Ave.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I'm a serial business woman!

- I own this carpet cleaning company (recent venture within 1-2 years).
- I owned an internet marketing company (localmarketingsolutionsllc.com) - my partner runs it now as I solely focus on growing this business in this extremely competitive city.
- I help run a successful 7 million D2D and B2B marketing business and
- I repaired phones while in college and fixed for a fee to make a profit.

Always looking for ways to make more!
Annnnd you're HOT HOT HOT!

Keith.Koch

Feb 8, 2017
Real Name
Keith Koch
Two ventures. Both horrible flops. First was a toxic waste watch dog group. We ended up in the news. Long story , not good. Second was a landscape business. Was coming together (sort of ) before we had to move from Sacramento.
You can try almost any equipment you may need at the Interlink Supply in Nashville. It is on Fiber Glass Road just off Polk Ave.

Scott, that is where I shop for my carpet product but my invoice show Aramsco Inc.. I called the number and they could not tell me about the renting. I will stop by today on my way home. I have vacuum my hallway and Bissell my carpet a couple of times. If I can try the CRB and it take out a bunch of stuff left behind by my Dyson and Shark. It would convince my wife about it. My interest is the CRB and Nautilus MXE-500.

Reactions: aloha one

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Scott, that is where I shop for my carpet product but my invoice show Aramsco Inc.. I called the number and they could not tell me about the renting. I will stop by today on my way home. I have vacuum my hallway and Bissell my carpet a couple of times. If I can try the CRB and it take out a bunch of stuff left behind by my Dyson and Shark. It would convince my wife about it. My interest is the CRB and Nautilus MXE-500.

Aramsco and Interlink recently merged. You may find it under both names at different times.

Trey Legler is a good one to discuss doing demonstrations of machines.

Keith.Koch

Feb 8, 2017
Real Name
Keith Koch
Aramsco and Interlink recently merged. You may find it under both names at different times.

Trey Legler is a good one to discuss doing demonstrations of machines.

Thank you Scott, yes, I stop by yesterday after work and met Trey, a very eager to help guy. He asked what my expectation was from the CRB and gave his honest opinion. Not trying to sell me a product that won't meet my current need. I was ready to rent the Brush Pro but Trey allow me to use it for no charge because I was just going to test it in my hallway of my own home.

Thank you Trey, it is these unexpected gesture that keep a customer being loyal.

My impression about the CRB after using it. Was easy to use, not a toy, this is a solid, heavy machine. After how fast I scrub the carpet, this would justify the cost in the future. Since I don't have any commercial carpet machine. My big decision is, Truck mount in an enclose trailer or portable. Again, I am the type, if I am gong to spend, get the best so I don't have to upgrade.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thank you Scott, yes, I stop by yesterday after work and met Trey, a very eager to help guy. He asked what my expectation was from the CRB and gave his honest opinion. Not trying to sell me a product that won't meet my current need. I was ready to rent the Brush Pro but Trey allow me to use it for no charge because I was just going to test it in my hallway of my own home.

Thank you Trey, it is these unexpected gesture that keep a customer being loyal.

My impression about the CRB after using it. Was easy to use, not a toy, this is a solid, heavy machine. After how fast I scrub the carpet, this would justify the cost in the future. Since I don't have any commercial carpet machine. My big decision is, Truck mount in an enclose trailer or portable. Again, I am the type, if I am gong to spend, get the best so I don't have to upgrade.
If you can go Truckmount. You wont regret it trust me.

Robert Olinger

Premium VIP
Apr 18, 2015
Real Name
Robert O
I started a community forum focusing on MMA trading cards when they first started being made.
I thought it would make money on transactions, but ended up being the main hang out, kinda like this site for carpet cleaners.
I made all my money on affiliate marketing clicks. In it's hayday, about $1000/ month.
Then Facebook just killed it, as it was easier for groups to start and posting pictures was easier and posting photos was easier.

And Topps started over producing once they caught on, diluting the value.

I made enough money the first 2 years to pay for the building of the site, and I own the holy grails of MMA trading cards, kinda like owing the michael jordan rookies of Basketball cards or the Micky Mantle rookie of Baseball.

The best flip I ever made was on a Jon Jones Rookie Red Autograph (only 25 made) and bought 4 of them for $250 each. I sold one for $2500, and still own the other 3.

I have a few of the 1/1 serial numbered rookies from the first release of the biggest names in MMA. (St Pierre, Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell, BJ Penn, etc)

I keep the site up, but no more money goes into it other than monthly hosting, and I buy all my ebay purchases and make about 5% commission, so that alone is worth keeping it alive.

But it seems only by the sweat of my brow, do I ever profit.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I just just started my first and only house and carpet cleaning business and I'm excited! Hoping this will be a successful journey without the need to jump from different businesses as trial and error.
Welcome Issac - Good Luck

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I just just started my first and only house and carpet cleaning business and I'm excited! Hoping this will be a successful journey without the need to jump from different businesses as trial and error.
Don't "Hope" for it, you gotta KNOW it will be a success. Everything's in here on TMF to guide you.
First & Foremost is SALES. Don't stop selling & you'll be good.(y)

M.Nelson

Feb 11, 2017
Real Name
Michael Nelson
I have previously owned a spray foam insulation business and also own a sign company. Carpet cleaning is my new startup. Very excited about the information on this forum.

Reactions: Scott W

powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Jeff farmer

robert 1

Jan 12, 2010
Wichita Falls TX
titanpro24.com
Real Name
Robert Gamez
Owned a retail and installation store called Hardsoundz from 2001-2003. Seen the Internet was coming stronger than ever and the phase of everyone buying there own DVD players , stereo systems , alarms and so forth, I sold it for a good amount. It was an era where you could make money and the Internet changed that.

CNSCCPWLLC

Sep 6, 2015
Real Name
Charles Solomon
Business Location
United States
Owned a car wash and a landscaping company. Then owned a janitorial company. (Not a franchise but a janitorial company. Stop everything for a while then started this Carpet Cleaning company and Commercial Cleanin & Powerwashin LLC.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Food truck that was parked on a college campus for 6 years. It was just me running it for the most part. I expanded to 2 food trucks in the same city, but the second location was too slow, and employees are very expensive on the west coast. I really like being self employed. It is much less stressful than expansion. I quickly downsized to the single location after loosing a lot of money. The original location was very busy. I served 80 to 100 people for lunch Monday through Friday. That's more than a lot of the local restaurants with a fraction of the overhead. Then the governor shut down all the colleges, and my business evaporated over night. 92% drop in gross sales over the course of the next 30 days (YoY). I sold my truck, and now I am diving head first into carpet cleaning. I love being self employed! Once you see the dark side of the moon you cannot go back to Earth!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Food truck that was parked on a college campus for 6 years. It was just me running it for the most part. I expanded to 2 food trucks in the same city, but the second location was too slow, and employees are very expensive on the west coast. I really like being self employed. It is much less stressful than expansion. I quickly downsized to the single location after loosing a lot of money. The original location was very busy. I served 80 to 100 people for lunch Monday through Friday. That's more than a lot of the local restaurants with a fraction of the overhead. Then the governor shut down all the colleges, and my business evaporated over night. 92% drop in gross sales over the course of the next 30 days (YoY). I sold my truck, and now I am diving head first into carpet cleaning. I love being self employed! Once you see the dark side of the moon you cannot go back to Earth!
That's tough. Good luck!