Have you ever owned another business? If so list them. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Have you ever owned another business? If so list them.

Owned more business's?

• Total voters

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Start
Pimp
View attachment 36730[/QUOTE
Started out in the car business back in 1995...
Owned a Body Shop & Used Car Lot..Profitable..Still miss the car biz,my 1st love..Used to buy "Hit" cars,accidents..Sell them as is to other body shops..also repaired them and wholesaled them out..Owned this business for about 8 years..ended up selling it.
Got into Real Estate of which Im still active p/t...Flipped several houses,still own 2 as rentals..Bought fixer uppers...

Owned a small limo biz..more like a car service ..airport runs..advertised that i had stretches too,I just farmed out the work to the big boys

Also a wholesale bakery,..Not that I know anything about baking,still dont ! But,something I stumbled upon,had it for 4 years,sold out to my partner

So theres my story,was never involved in any cleaning business,still learning..An X biz partner opened my eyes to the service industry..So I ran with it,still in the beginning stages, tweaking out things...Looks like a a good industry to be in nowadays

Reactions: bob_rugratz

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Started out in the car business back in 1995...
Owned a Body Shop & Used Car Lot..Profitable..Still miss the car biz,my 1st love..Used to buy "Hit" cars,accidents..Sell them as is to other body shops..also repaired them and wholesaled them out..Owned this business for about 8 years..ended up selling it.
Got into Real Estate of which Im still active p/t...Flipped several houses,still own 2 as rentals..Bought fixer uppers...

Owned a small limo biz..more like a car service ..airport runs..advertised that i had stretches too,I just farmed out the work to the big boys

Also a wholesale bakery,..Not that I know anything about baking,still dont ! But,something I stumbled upon,had it for 4 years,sold out to my partner

So theres my story,was never involved in any cleaning business,still learning..An X biz partner opened my eyes to the service industry..So I ran with it,still in the beginning stages, tweaking out things...Looks like a a good industry to be in nowadays[/QUOTE]

Reactions: rob allen

Qasimja

Aug 23, 2015
Real Name
Qasim Jabbar
ive owned 2 cellphone repair stores and now me and my wife have started up a home cleaning/carpet cleaning business going pretty well so far

washmaster

Jul 29, 2015
Real Name
Walt Shifflett
Had a small body shop opened it to do repairs for car lots and done a little towing. I was 21 when I opened it and got screwed a lot being so young lol but tough me a lot. In 07 bought a guys pressure washing business liked it a lot better getting to be mobile instead of sitting in a building breathing dust all day. So I picked up some more accounts and saved my money and got me a house for a eighth of what it was worth at auction because nobody showed up and started buying real estate a couple years later. I just bought a truckmount and van to add another service to my pressure washing. Wanting to try and get commercial contract cleaning carpets and vct tile work but still getting everything in order before I start pushing it.

James Alexander

Oct 15, 2015
Real Name
James Alexander
Started my first business in 2005 - a web design company, which brought later brought me to affiliate marketing. Then in 2008 I ventured into floor refinishing industry. Right now own a wood floor refinishing and maintenance business The Flooring Artists, based in Denver, CO.

In near future we are planning to expand and tile and carpet installation.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Used to own a SEO company but we got so many people to the number one spot it became a problem!!!

Reactions: James Alexander

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Very gratifying when someone gets my jokes

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
93-96 owned a garbage business. Sold in 96 to Allied waste and worked for them for a short time. Went back into business in 2000 (family business on my wifes side)- started it again as a partnership and I was delusional that it was. Opened a construction-demolition recycling center and buy back during this time as well as a portable toilet business. The wife ended up taking me to the cleaners (pun intended) and left with one of the employees and her parents. Started the Carpet cleaning business in 2013 with new wife...but no parents or employees

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
I installed any type of flooring for twenty+ years. Then I got a TM, now I only install for friends and family.

I had a DJ business for a few years while I was in radio. It was fun, but working every Friday and Saturday got old quick.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Mobile truck repair biz in Florida
Deli
windshield repair biz
My 1st venture ever was an odd jobs biz back in 1977 - had a 1964 chevy pickup and hauled things around - fixed stuff etc.

RAW Prespray

Preferred Vendor
Sep 29, 2011
La Porte, IN
www.evercleantn.com
Real Name
Brandon B
Business Location
United States
I become a finance manager for large bank in my young twenties. I remember driving down the road in my suit and tie seeing road signs on telephone poles thinking 'these guys need to get a REAL job,' Boy was I wrong. After having my fill of corporate america, I quit. I sold my house, bought a tiny condo on the wrong side of the tracks, a TM and started climbing telephone poles myself. :)

Now I run a three van operation in Nashville, TN, from La Porte, IN where I'm currently building another business related to the floor cleaning industry.

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
I use to own Elite Carpet Cleaning in Northern VA in the mid 90's.
Moved to the VA Beach area and owned a Concrete Curbing company that I sold two years ago.
Started our current carpet cleaning business as a side gig in 2007.
Became a Brand Promoter for Le-Vel this past Jan.

I was looking at another business however, I think I am just going to put more of a focus into
what I already have.

Prosource Rescon

Jan 21, 2016
New Jersey
Real Name
George Bennett
Started a basement waterproofing company in 2004. Sold it in 2007 and watched the new owner destroy it. Was very profitable and I still kick myself in the rear for selling it! Currently own a full service restoration business with my wife and do consulting and training for another waterproofing company in my area.

Keith.Koch

Feb 8, 2017
Real Name
Keith Koch
I am currently an IT Help Desk/Manager and has been in the IT world for 20 years.
-Rental Property - Started in 2005 after relocation from CA to TN (2017 has 13 properties that is generating more income than my current salary.
-2016 - add started Koch's Lawn Services (getting client by words of mouth only or as they see us service other houses)
-2017 - Learning and wanting to add carpet cleaning to the business.(but wow on the cost of those machines and with no try before you buy, at least here in TN) So thanks to TMF and the members for information sharing.

You can never go wrong in Rental Property!!!! Althought the first 8 years was trial and Errors. I now offer advice to those wanting to do rental so they can avoid my mistake.

Stock: Although I have made almost $1 million in the stock market. I have lost/gain $40K daily/Weekly. At one time, I was at $700K while on a Kayak and by the time I got home to take action, I was down to $400K. ***FNMA and SIRI - two of the best stock that will change your life.**

Guys, with any job or business. Customer service is the most important to any business. I tell all my staff and the worker that I hire. I don't care if you are a lazy slope in the privacy of your own home. But if you are working in public, just remember, people are watching and those are all potential client.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I am currently an IT Help Desk/Manager and has been in the IT world for 20 years.
-Rental Property - Started in 2005 after relocation from CA to TN (2017 has 13 properties that is generating more income than my current salary.
-2016 - add started Koch's Lawn Services (getting client by words of mouth only or as they see us service other houses)
-2017 - Learning and wanting to add carpet cleaning to the business.(but wow on the cost of those machines and with no try before you buy, at least here in TN) So thanks to TMF and the members for information sharing.

You can never go wrong in Rental Property!!!! Althought the first 8 years was trial and Errors. I now offer advice to those wanting to do rental so they can avoid my mistake.

Stock: Although I have made almost $1 million in the stock market. I have lost/gain $40K daily/Weekly. At one time, I was at $700K while on a Kayak and by the time I got home to take action, I was down to $400K. ***FNMA and SIRI - two of the best stock that will change your life.**

Guys, with any job or business. Customer service is the most important to any business. I tell all my staff and the worker that I hire. I don't care if you are a lazy slope in the privacy of your own home. But if you are working in public, just remember, people are watching and those are all potential client.

I gots some Stocks for ya Sonny Boy! How do I look.....I know STUNNING!
grannie.jpg

Jun 14, 2016
Real Name
Samantha Avitan
I'm a serial business woman!

- I own this carpet cleaning company (recent venture within 1-2 years).
- I owned an internet marketing company (localmarketingsolutionsllc.com) - my partner runs it now as I solely focus on growing this business in this extremely competitive city.
- I help run a successful 7 million D2D and B2B marketing business and
- I repaired phones while in college and fixed for a fee to make a profit.

Always looking for ways to make more!

Reactions: aloha one