Have you ever had to sample clean for someone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Lessons learned on this thread:
1. ALWAYS get a Fiber sample first thing
2. NEVER use the term "bit slapping the hiney" around here.
3. Be careful with Bonnet Pro Oxy Spotter(Thanks Ed and Robert).
4. A lot of good men on here! Thank you everyone.
I still think if I ran by there and did a Free demo and they could see the carpet come clean they would jump on it. Im there once every 6 weeks or so. It may still develop into something.....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
This whole cleaning to me was a lot about "If I could could get that carpet clean" and make it look good! Where I messed up was not getting a sample first thing! I should have got a sample right then and there! And "Todd the Cleaner" really brought that to light!

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Lessons learned on this thread:
1. ALWAYS get a Fiber sample first thing
2. NEVER use the term "bit slapping the hiney" around here.
3. Be careful with Bonnet Pro Oxy Spotter(Thanks Ed and Robert).
4. A lot of good men on here! Thank you everyone.
I still think if I ran by there and did a Free demo and they could see the carpet come clean they would jump on it. Im there once every 6 weeks or so. It may still develop into something.....
Who turns down a free demo cleaning? Especially in an effort to save replacing the carpet. Them biches be buggin

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Who turns down a free demo cleaning? Especially in an effort to save replacing the carpet. Them biches be buggin
Yea, maybe because im American and they think im trying to rip them??? I hope not, I hope thats not the case. And im a paying customer there! My wife buys crap there and I get my flippen hair cut there!
I think they just had a bad experience and dont think it will make any difference at all.........
That rat fink Mama fen............................................................LOL

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yea, maybe because im American and they think im trying to rip them??? I hope not, I hope thats not the case. And im a paying customer there! My wife buys crap there and I get my flippen hair cut there!
I think they just had a bad experience and dont think it will make any difference at all.........
That rat fink Mama fen............................................................LOL
I hope you know, I learned Korean just so I could rat you out. :devil:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Next lesson, for when they replace the carpet. It is much easier and prolongs carpet life to keep it clean rather than abuse it for years and then try to clean it. Consistent good appearance, longer life.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Next lesson, for when they replace the carpet. It is much easier and prolongs carpet life to keep it clean rather than abuse it for years and then try to clean it. Consistent good appearance, longer life.
Thank you Scott! Yes I know that is correct! Nothing better for carpet then grinding dirt into it for years like sandpaper!!
I'm still going to try and do a sample for them. I need to talk with her husband.
I know they had someone try and clean it right after the earthquake and I'm betting they did not know what they where doing!! Or they tried themselves and gave up! Now I have my oreck 175 too with carpet brushes!
I'm still betting I can get it presentably clean!
Thank you scott

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Are most of the business type glue down carpets olefin???
Short pile, level loop, direct glue down commercial carpet is most often olefin. But not always. Nylon is not uncommon in this type of carpet. There may be some other fibers rarely. If in doubt, burn test.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Thank you Scott! Yes I know that is correct! Nothing better for carpet then grinding dirt into it for years like sandpaper!!
I'm still going to try and do a sample for them. I need to talk with her husband.
I know they had someone try and clean it right after the earthquake and I'm betting they did not know what they where doing!! Or they tried themselves and gave up! Now I have my oreck 175 too with carpet brushes!
I'm still betting I can get it presentably clean!
Thank you scott
Hi Todd, the Oreck is an orbital, not a 175. :)

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Short pile, level loop, direct glue down commercial carpet is most often olefin. But not always. Nylon is not uncommon in this type of carpet. There may be some other fibers rarely. If in doubt, burn test.
Thanks Scott! Yes, I will burn test for sure. Im sure some of you guys can tell just by looking at it......not me....not yet.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hi Todd, the Oreck is an orbital, not a 175. :)
Thanks Pat! Got it! I will remember it now. I got to use it yesterday. Pretty nice and easy to move around too. I got the blue brush and the black carpet brush. Looking forward to using it on some higher pile carpet thats really dirty. Its a nice machine and from all the vids I watched it has many uses.
Thanks!

Oct 9, 2017
Real Name
James Langley
Thanks Pat! Got it! I will remember it now. I got to use it yesterday. Pretty nice and easy to move around too. I got the blue brush and the black carpet brush. Looking forward to using it on some higher pile carpet thats really dirty. Its a nice machine and from all the vids I watched it has many uses.
Thanks!
I bought an Oreck rotary scrubber and love it. I'm 55, had surgery 3 years ago and don't feel like lugging a 175 around anymore. The Oreck isn't as versatile as a 175, but it works well for what I need it to do.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I bought an Oreck rotary scrubber and love it. I'm 55, had surgery 3 years ago and don't feel like lugging a 175 around anymore. The Oreck isn't as versatile as a 175, but it works well for what I need it to do.
Neat machine to use. Very simple too. I like it. Seems it will be great for tiles and vinyl too

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I do sample cleans all the time. We have kind of become known to property managers as the guys who can make carpet see one more tenant for a year before replacing. So we do rat nastys all the time. I usually meet with owner and explain that I’ll do a pass over the worst area in the home and if they aren’t happy, then they owe us nothing. 99% of the time they are blown away. Their first thought seems to be (wow I don’t have to spend thousands replacing this carpet). Then I tell them to send a work order and we will add to our schedule. I always take before and after a when doing the job. But if I really didn’t think I could save it for another one year lease, then I always tell them upfront. Most times it’s from carpet fiber damage and not so much it being dirty. Usually from urine damage or carpet delamination.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I do sample cleans all the time. We have kind of become known to property managers as the guys who can make carpet see one more tenant for a year before replacing. So we do rat nastys all the time. I usually meet with owner and explain that I’ll do a pass over the worst area in the home and if they aren’t happy, then they owe us nothing. 99% of the time they are blown away. Their first thought seems to be (wow I don’t have to spend thousands replacing this carpet). Then I tell them to send a work order and we will add to our schedule. I always take before and after a when doing the job. But if I really didn’t think I could save it for another one year lease, then I always tell them upfront. Most times it’s from carpet fiber damage and not so much it being dirty. Usually from urine damage or carpet delamination.[/QUOT
Thanks Nick! Yep, this just confirms what I have felt all along. Why replace it, and nothing's coming apart and the fibers look ok.
So why spend thousands when you could spend 400.00??
Very much so when they do not own the building!!!
I don't know, I need to talk to the husband and get him to let me do a sample area for him. NO CHARGE. I think when he sees it can be cleaned I may get the job.
I still don't know if it's olefin or not.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I prespray a 1’x1’ area and use crb on it to agitate. Then rotovac it. Never fails

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
Make sure to fire up TM right when you arrive so you get super hot water for extract

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I have a portable but it's got good heat! That's all? A 1x1 area? Ok that will be cheap for sure! I have a rotovac 360i but only with the standard plate. I can agitate it good with my new oreck. Its hooking it all up that costs the money. I was going to do a 3x3 area.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I just do enough of area for them to see results