Have a 18HP Chemtex Panther anyone know about them goin on my 3rd thermostat

rjwood

Mar 26, 2015
Real Name
Bob Wood
I did buy one, and I'm quite satisfied with it. There's no question that the unit needs some attention, however, and when given, it runs like a charm. I've been down the road with the temp problems, but came to understand that it was my fault for not maintaining the unit as I should have, and, might I say, agreed to do when I purchased it.

I have a local guy who can fix problems who has told me the unit is a quite nice setup - unencumbered and simple to work on. He's been on the phone with Dave who gave my guy the rundown on what to look for and what maintenance is important. Also, Mike has saved my ass more than once.

Of course, as well all know, Chem-Tex machines are the only brand that have issues now and then. But then we're talking about "starter" machines, aren't we. :rolleyes:

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Mike is the man when you need to know something about your Chemtex machine. Just recently he helped me get through a job where I had very low water pressure. Machine would shutdown if I cranked the pressure up. He told me exactly what to do and I got the job done.

Tbone21

Feb 5, 2018
Real Name
Terry obrien
I have a chem tex black stalilen I'm not getting solution I'm new at this. Help help lol lol

Tbone21

Feb 5, 2018
Real Name
Terry obrien
PS I live in NY if anyone can help me out. On how to fix and look after this machine. Fell few to text me. 845 612 3228 terry. Thanks so much.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With so little info to go on, try this first. I'm going to assume that you are hooking the solution line directly to the panel, remove the QC and fire it up. Let us know what happens.

Tbone21

Feb 5, 2018
Real Name
Terry obrien
I have a chem tex black stalilen I'm not getting solution I'm new at this. Help help lol lol
I have the same machine. I had the same probum and I just kept messing with the dial. Turning it clockwise all the way then counterclockwise all the way a few times and then kept it in the center

Tbone21

Feb 5, 2018
Real Name
Terry obrien
That do have a mind of there own check the screen that goes in the solution bucket and if you want to blow some air up through the tube just go ez

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i would get rid of those HX....
put on a manufacturered muffler

and go fuel heat....
it would solve your problem?????
and give you more conisisitenet heat!!!!!

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Question: if my chemtex 25 HP is continuingly dumping hot water in the waste tank, what should I look for to fix it. My temp dial obviously isn't working on any setting? Tbh I really haven't minded bc it is keeping the water from overheating my machine, but I'd like to sync the dial and get it working

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Question: if my chemtex 25 HP is continuingly dumping hot water in the waste tank, what should I look for to fix it. My temp dial obviously isn't working on any setting? Tbh I really haven't minded bc it is keeping the water from overheating my machine, but I'd like to sync the dial and get it working
Take that dump valve from the hx and tie it to the side out the door or run it thru the floor with a clamp down....

If you have a big enough fresh water tank you could run it into there but it should be around 40-50lbs so your water will not get too hot before it goesto your pump!!!!!!

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Take that dump valve from the hx and tie it to the side out the door or run it thru the floor with a clamp down....

If you have a big enough fresh water tank you could run it into there but it should be around 40-50lbs so your water will not get too hot before it goesto your pump!!!!!!
I'm thinking it's called a high temp switch, but I'm guessing mine is bad or a wire went bad.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Mine doesn't really look exactly like this one, but I think this is what mine is. The line bleeding into the waste tank is hooked to this.
Screenshot_20180227-230144.png

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim that does look more like mine. Mine is round I know that. I'll have to take a picture of it. Is there any tricks to cleaning the scale out?
Since it is stuck open you may visually see the problem upon just removal. If yours is directly under the port side heat exchanger, you can move it away from the heat and put an inline screen in front of it too. If you have the always on teejet that's plumbed into the water box you may want to consider plumbing it into your freshwater tank with a really long hose that dumps the temp before it gets there if you use one. Cuts down on the Skinner valve needing to bypass, by keeping the water box temps a good bit lower. If you have the 2345 pump I think it can see 160° inlet temps with the regular seal kit natively, but they sell high temp vitons for it too if you feel like you are running on the high temp side all the way around. Hope that makes sense.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Jim that does look more like mine. Mine is round I know that. I'll have to take a picture of it. Is there any tricks to cleaning the scale out?
Since it is stuck open you may visually see the problem upon just removal. If yours is directly under the port side heat exchanger, you can move it away from the heat and put an inline screen in front of it too. If you have the always on teejet that's plumbed into the water box you may want to consider plumbing it into your freshwater tank with a really long hose that dumps the temp before it gets there if you use one. Cuts down on the Skinner valve needing to bypass, by keeping the water box temps a good bit lower. If you have the 2345 pump I think it can see 160° inlet temps with the regular seal kit natively, but they sell high temp vitons for it too if you feel like you are running on the high temp side all the way around. Hope that makes sense.
I think I understand most of that. My valve doesn't route back to the water box though. Mine is just dumping into my waste tank. It is portside (side closest to the water box) right under the HX so that is a good idea to move it. I'll definitely have to toy around with it a little bit. I have the cat 290 pump on mine currently, and I did put the high temp seals on it the last time I rebuild it, but my water box doesn't ever seem to heat up so I'm guessing I don't have any heated water getting into it.

Reactions: Jim Davisson