brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
What do you do Mike?
Are you a carpet cleaner?
Nice of you to offer, if I decide to rebuild my fire damaged Panther, I may call you. lol
Your panther caught on fire?! So did mine. I was cleaning a church and looked out, there was 6' flames shooting out of my van! Stupid gas cap wiggled loose somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: ronman

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Your panther caught on fire?! So did mine. I was cleaning a church and looked out, there was 6' flames shooting out of my van! Stupid gas cap wiggled loose somehow.

Was it a total loss?

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
It really just gave me a crazy story to tell people. Add it up to all the other crazy things that happen to a carpet cleaner. Memoirs of a steam cleaner.

I was on the 4th floor of a hotel doing hallways, and left my helper there and walked down to check on it.
By the time I got there it was a loss, we used 3 fire extinguishers but could not put it out, the fire dept had to snuff it.
Destroyed the van and most everything in it.
I've still got the frame, blower, pump which has a lot of melted plastic, and the hose reels and waste tank.

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I was on the 4th floor of a hotel doing hallways, and left my helper there and walked down to check on it.
By the time I got there it was a loss, we used 3 fire extinguishers but could not put it out, the fire dept had to snuff it.
Destroyed the van and most everything in it.
I've still got the frame, blower, pump which has a lot of melted plastic, and the hose reels and waste tank.
Yikes! That's horrible!

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I have a chem-tex 20hp panther and have only great things to say about Mike. He's helped me over the phone reference issues anyone new to operating a truckmount would have. chem-tex has been a good machine for me, with very few issues. I hear stories about their customer service, but I feel that I've been helped every time I've called. Just my point of view.

Lee

Reactions: brentnorman

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I have a chem-tex 20hp panther and have only great things to say about Mike. He's helped me over the phone reference issues anyone new to operating a truckmount would have. chem-tex has been a good machine for me, with very few issues. I hear stories about their customer service, but I feel that I've been helped every time I've called. Just my point of view.

Lee
I think their customer service is pretty good too. They gave me a number of a guy to call 24/7 if anything should happen. I've called him a couple times and that guy knows exactly what's going on and tells me how to fix it quick. I do like my truck mount. It was priced right and does a good job.

accentsincleaning

Apr 6, 2013
Sell that piece of shiznit i had a panther 15 hp went out of buisness cause of it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using TMF Forums mobile app

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman

Lee
Lee on your machine is there some small aluminum shims under the blower? On mine the motor sits right on the frame work then they have the blower on a couple of shims on all four bolt down spots. I ask because I keep going through couplers and I'm wondering if I took those shims out if that wouldn't help. Something's not lining up and it might be the blowers a bit to high. I put a caliper on the couplers and everything reads the same.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States

Lee
I hope they've improved their customer service. There's alot of our TMF bros and sisters on here who've been treated pretty bad from the reviews I"ve read. When you spend that much money, and don't have a dealer to take it to, they should have someone 24/7 to answer svc. calls.

I'm glad you've got good service out of it

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Lee on your machine is there some small aluminum shims under the blower? On mine the motor sits right on the frame work then they have the blower on a couple of shims on all four bolt down spots. I ask because I keep going through couplers and I'm wondering if I took those shims out if that wouldn't help. Something's not lining up and it might be the blowers a bit to high. I put a caliper on the couplers and everything reads the same.

Hey Brent, my blower does sit on shims. I'd call chem-tex in morning and see if they can give advise. I've never had issues with my coupler, so I can't give any helpful advise. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I hope they've improved their customer service. There's alot of our TMF bros and sisters on here who've been treated pretty bad from the reviews I"ve read. When you spend that much money, and don't have a dealer to take it to, they should have someone 24/7 to answer svc. calls.

I'm glad you've got good service out of it
Matt, I also see all the bad things said and can honestly say I've been treated well and helped every time I needed something. mike c who is a member on here is a big help and knowledgable on chem-tex machines, he has answered my questions and walked me through issues over the telephone. I do agree with you on a company needing to have good customer service.

Reactions: matt30577

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States

I saw an excellent video on lining up the blower and motor, I think it was Ben from Amtex who posted it.
PM him and ask him for a link.
Sounds like yours is out of alignment,but it's not as simple as pulling the existing shims and throwing them out.

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I saw an excellent video on lining up the blower and motor, I think it was Ben from Amtex who posted it.
PM him and ask him for a link.
Sounds like yours is out of alignment,but it's not as simple as pulling the existing shims and throwing them out.
Found a couple on YouTube. Can't wait to get back to my truckmount and check it out.