Has anyone used or had success with temp agencys?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I am curious myself. I haven't had much luck with the people that I have been interviewing. The only bad thing about the temp agency is that they want $5 more per hour than whatever you want the employee to make.
I haven't pulled the trigger on this either, have considered it though.

I've heard good and bad, nice thing is they cover all the paperwork and insurance for said worker. Least in my area they do

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I am curious myself. I haven't had much luck with the people that I have been interviewing. The only bad thing about the temp agency is that they want $5 more per hour than whatever you want the employee to make.
You would pay that to in taxes if you had an employee not to mention the added paper work.

Just my humble opinion, but I think temp agencies suck. It's for people that can't find a job and not usually the sharpest tools to pick from.

When I used them they would send anyone saying the had cleaning experience. About the only experience they had was with tbe unemployment line.

Bill Whatcott

Mar 24, 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia
Real Name
Bill Whatcottr
LOL! This brings back some memories. I never used an agency for a carpet cleaning employee but did use one for moving help.

My mover told me he served with the "Irish Special Forces." Anyways my "special forces" guy wasn't too hot with tying knots. I asked him to tie my dresser to the flat deck I was using. I foolishly didn't double check my "special forces" guy's knot work and just started the pick up and started driving. About 1 kilometer into our drive I took a corner at slow speed and my dresser flew off the trailer and into a ditch. I got out and took a look at the knot my "special forces" used and what he did was giant bow ties.

Anyways, the dresser was a write off. When we got to my new home an airplane was decending overhead (my house was located in the flight path of the Edmonton International airport), it was probably still 500 feet up or so. Anyways the engine of the aircraft was loud and my "special forces" panicked and litterally buried his head under the glove compartment of the pickup and stuck his ass up in the air. I asked him what was that going to do if the airplane hit our vehicle? He didn't answer and it took him about a minute before he pulled his head out from under the glove compartment.

I highly recommend agency employees if you need a laugh, but don't assume they know how to do slip knots even if they tell you they are "special forces" material.......

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Special Olympics, perhaps?

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Here's how to hire workers from a temp agency. Hire 3 send the worse one home at noon or before. Send the second worse one home at 2 and the third one home when the job is done. Repeat tomorrow.

Reactions: kamehameha

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
LOL! This brings back some memories. I never used an agency for a carpet cleaning employee but did use one for moving help.

My mover told me he served with the "Irish Special Forces." Anyways my "special forces" guy wasn't too hot with tying knots. I asked him to tie my dresser to the flat deck I was using. I foolishly didn't double check my "special forces" guy's knot work and just started the pick up and started driving. About 1 kilometer into our drive I took a corner at slow speed and my dresser flew off the trailer and into a ditch. I got out and took a look at the knot my "special forces" used and what he did was giant bow ties.

Anyways, the dresser was a write off. When we got to my new home an airplane was decending overhead (my house was located in the flight path of the Edmonton International airport), it was probably still 500 feet up or so. Anyways the engine of the aircraft was loud and my "special forces" panicked and litterally buried his head under the glove compartment of the pickup and stuck his ass up in the air. I asked him what was that going to do if the airplane hit our vehicle? He didn't answer and it took him about a minute before he pulled his head out from under the glove compartment.

I highly recommend agency employees if you need a laugh, but don't assume they know how to do slip knots even if they tell you they are "special forces" material.......
Maybe he wasn't good at tying knots and he had ptsd

Bill Whatcott

Mar 24, 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia
Real Name
Bill Whatcottr
Maybe he wasn't good at tying knots and he had ptsd
I imagine if you are accepted into the special forces of any country you will have gone through basic training and therefore you will know how to tie knots. Cadets learn how to tie knots early in their training.

Based on working with the fellow for the day my guess is he was not suffering PTSD so much as a low IQ and a propensity for telling nonsense stories that in his mind make himself appear amazing.....

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I imagine if you are accepted into the special forces of any country you will have gone through basic training and therefore you will know how to tie knots. Cadets learn how to tie knots early in their training.

Based on working with the fellow for the day my guess is he was not suffering PTSD so much as a low IQ and a propensity for telling nonsense stories that in his mind make himself appear amazing.....
I have some stories I could tell you.

Be warned tho, they make me look pretty amazing

Reactions: Bill Whatcott