has anyone use thumbtack.com ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Carlo Pro

Nov 10, 2013
Real Name
Carlo B.
Business Location
United States
Smarts guys sitting behind the desk that wants to take our money.
They invented this "Google backward scene" where you must paid for bid on "phantom jobs"
when you pay certain amount of money on bids; they will decide when to give you an actual job.
For me doesn't work.

Mr. Cyphers
Jul 19, 2013
Real Name
Branston Cyphers
Business Location
United States
I guess I am the only one here who is satisfied with Thumbtack. Last week I spent $34 worth of quotes and landed three jobs with one possible. I guess its the area you live in because I bid at $35 a room, $1 a sqft for area rugs, and $0.60-0.70 cents sqft for tile/grout. Most jobs are no more than 10-15 miles away that I bid on. Some weeks are better than others but I have always landed at least two jobs a week off the site.

May 21, 2012
El Monte, California
Real Name
Oscar Mendo
Business Location
United States
I get about 10 leads from Thumbtack a day maybe even more not sure but I have been with them for a year and a half now. I have booked 4 jobs over that time through thumbtack. One of which is on a monthly basis for $650.00 a month. I don't think thumbtack is the best, but it's like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.
May 4, 2011
Yup, total waste of money. Bottom feeding pieces of s... customers. I just hate bottom feeders, especially those who also demand top quality work. Now we just leave them Stanley Steemer phone number and walk away, if someone tried to drive our price down when we show up. The worst thing is when they say "this other company can do it for half the price" ....Why didn't you call that "other" company and instead wasted my time....Before I was very polite to these customers, now I tell them like it is if they try to pull that crap on me
May 4, 2011
I deactivated my Thumtack account and sent them the reason: "Your company attracts only bottom feeders and the only people making money is you (thumbtack). All you do is rip off small businesses by giving them a "chance" to bid on jobs that they'll never get and charging them all for it. A better business model would be to let them bid for free and charge a higher amount like $20 for the jobs that they actually book."

But I doubt they'll listen as long as poor suckers keep giving them money for a chance to bid.

ron Tabb

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Ron Tabb
I've had some luck with thumbtack.However lately it seems someone is either under bidding or
Its a marketer fishing for info..I mean 5 areas 199
and not getting jobs drives me crazy.