has anyone use thumbtack.com ? | Page 2 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

has anyone use thumbtack.com ?

Discussion in 'Local Internet Marketing SEO' started by mikkel99, Jul 20, 2014.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0 / -0
    Smarts guys sitting behind the desk that wants to take our money.
    They invented this "Google backward scene" where you must paid for bid on "phantom jobs"
    when you pay certain amount of money on bids; they will decide when to give you an actual job.
    For me doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dedicated

Dedicated Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Male
    PA
    Ratings:
    +482 / 3 / -0

16 members...I thought you needed 25 to be chartered?

3. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,250 / 7 / -0
    I think it is 20 and we were at that at one point but got rid of some dead wood and now we are growing again should be back up to 18 this week, hope to be at about 24 by October.

4. raw74

raw74 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    ga
    Ratings:
    +669 / 4 / -0
    Friend of mine told me the guy from e harmony supposed to take over at home advisor said they were going change the way they do things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP

Apr 23, 2013
    Male
    Windsor, California
    Ratings:
    +20,779 / 81 / -0
    I get come ons from thumbtack prospects from time to time.
    The idea of paying to give bids to price shoppers is laughable. I'd like to be able to turn off their feeds

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aranis

Aranis Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Male
    Angleton, TX
    Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Hey I grew up in Winston-Salem....little to do with the topic lol

Sent from my SGH-S959G using TMF Forums mobile app

7. cyphersbg

cyphersbg Mr. Cyphers

Jul 19, 2013
    Male
    Carpet Cleaning
    California
    Ratings:
    +495 / 0 / -0
    I guess I am the only one here who is satisfied with Thumbtack. Last week I spent $34 worth of quotes and landed three jobs with one possible. I guess its the area you live in because I bid at $35 a room, $1 a sqft for area rugs, and $0.60-0.70 cents sqft for tile/grout. Most jobs are no more than 10-15 miles away that I bid on. Some weeks are better than others but I have always landed at least two jobs a week off the site.

8. mendo83

mendo83 Active Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Owner of Family Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
    El Monte, California
    Ratings:
    +225 / 14 / -0
    I get about 10 leads from Thumbtack a day maybe even more not sure but I have been with them for a year and a half now. I have booked 4 jobs over that time through thumbtack. One of which is on a monthly basis for $650.00 a month. I don't think thumbtack is the best, but it's like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.

Apr 25, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    San Pedro, Ca
    Ratings:
    +17,413 / 130 / -0

Nope! My BNI group had at it's highest 14 members and at as low as 11 when I was in it.

10. andrek60

andrek60 Member

May 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yup, total waste of money. Bottom feeding pieces of s... customers. I just hate bottom feeders, especially those who also demand top quality work. Now we just leave them Stanley Steemer phone number and walk away, if someone tried to drive our price down when we show up. The worst thing is when they say "this other company can do it for half the price" ....Why didn't you call that "other" company and instead wasted my time....Before I was very polite to these customers, now I tell them like it is if they try to pull that crap on me

11. andrek60

andrek60 Member

May 4, 2011
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I deactivated my Thumtack account and sent them the reason: "Your company attracts only bottom feeders and the only people making money is you (thumbtack). All you do is rip off small businesses by giving them a "chance" to bid on jobs that they'll never get and charging them all for it. A better business model would be to let them bid for free and charge a higher amount like $20 for the jobs that they actually book."

But I doubt they'll listen as long as poor suckers keep giving them money for a chance to bid.

12. ron Tabb

ron Tabb Active Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I've had some luck with thumbtack.However lately it seems someone is either under bidding or
    Its a marketer fishing for info..I mean 5 areas 199
    and not getting jobs drives me crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ColoradoCleaner

ColoradoCleaner Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Male
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +3,134 / 40 / -0
    These companies serve zero purpose. They bring no value to the market except to skim some money for themselves. They have no skin in the game and I can't understand why anybody would want to go with them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1