Has anyone Leased a Butler System? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Has anyone Leased a Butler System?

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
If you read up a bit on Butlers you will find they are very easy to fix. They have overnight service available for any part on your machine. They are an unusual company that has been very successful with just one location and thousands of trucks in service all over the country.

Reactions: matt30577

Sjmakeithappen

Nov 8, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Jones
Business Location
United States
If you read up a bit on Butlers you will find they are very easy to fix. They have overnight service available for any part on your machine. They are an unusual company that has been very successful with just one location and thousands of trucks in service all over the country.
Im definitely not knocking them, just seems like a bit of a gamble. Especially if its your first T.M. Curious if the owner couldn't fix it, would a local unauthorized dealer work on it for you.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Im definitely not knocking them, just seems like a bit of a gamble. Especially if its your first T.M. Curious if the owner couldn't fix it, would a local unauthorized dealer work on it for you.
That's a question you need to ask individual Butler owners. There's a ton of them also. You'll get your question answered very soon I'm sure

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
I have nothing but good things about the company in all my years in the biz (and thats a few years!)

LustreClean

Jan 3, 2011
Northern Va
Real Name
James Woggon
Business Location
United States
If Butler is anything like my white magic direct drive they are super reliable. It's the van they are married to that will eventually have components that fail. Radiator, Alternator, Water pump, etc. My white magic is a 2002. Runs like a champ still. Original blower and pump. Only reason I would like to get a new van is because it's the old chevy van body style.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Let's see a brand new trouble free machine and van every 3 years for the cost of 2-3 jobs a month? No late night or weekend hours wrenching, no downtime, no repairs, attractive van and machine, great gas mileage and everything under warranty? What carpet cleaner would do such an intelligent thing?

Reactions: crash1big

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Let's see a brand new trouble free machine and van every 3 years for the cost of 2-3 jobs a month? No late night or weekend hours wrenching, no downtime, no repairs, attractive van and machine, great gas mileage and everything under warranty? What carpet cleaner would do such an intelligent thing?
Start ups may hesitate at jumping at that deal. Established businesses, their risk is minimized. But hey, can't get the girl standing in the corner.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
EXACTLY! Dummies like me keep their shit forever (character flaw I guess) - I used to be a mechanic so I can fix stuff - it just gets in the way of making $ sometimes- waiting for parts etc. Not too bad when I had 3 trucks but with only one they have to keep running!

sprkln

Feb 15, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
D Stephens
Business Location
United States
That's a killer lease ,every three years new Butler .....please if you are experienced and established and in need of a TM , ABSOLUTELY no-brainer

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
I have no credit ... no time soon will i be geting one ... BUT ... whats the fine print with the lease.
Miles allowed on truck. Final payment or any kind of other things like that.
If anybody knows. I could call n pretend but since im along way off from getting one ... id be wasting their time. I just dont feel thats the right thjng to do to these folks.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have no credit ... no time soon will i be geting one ... BUT ... whats the fine print with the lease.
Miles allowed on truck. Final payment or any kind of other things like that.
If anybody knows. I could call n pretend but since im along way off from getting one ... id be wasting their time. I just dont feel thats the right thjng to do to these folks.
Yeppers Owen..Nothing worse that OWING!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't there only one location. What about servicing and breakdowns. Without warranty issues, won't you have to take it back to them for any problems?

The beauty of Butler is they have quick disconnects on all the parts. A color coded wiring diagram. If any part goes down, you just call Butler and they'll over night the part you need. The next day you swap the parts out and mail the bad part to butler.

Reactions: matt30577

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Yep. I definitely do not like wrenching. Can't afford downtime to let some one else fix it. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Reactions: rob allen

MAU CORNEJO

Feb 1, 2012
ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
Real Name
MAURICIO CORNEJO
Business Location
United States
Would be nice if it was a lease to own.
But why keep it to have age problems and selling problems, when the machine gets older. Better to have a new one every 3 years no?
I think it's great, I would love I could do that here in Mexico, I had to pay all my Truckmounts in cash so it takes me like two years to get even.
I think 799 a month in 2 or 3 services per month you pay the monthly debt what else do you want? And you start making profit money right away not like me.

God I really hate all of you, you are in heaven and you don't see it. with does opportunities you have I will be a millionaire not just rich guy!

Reactions: Art Kelley

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Yep. I definitely do not like wrenching. Can't afford downtime to let some one else fix it. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Other issue is in an area like where I am - there is no one to fix TM's! At least not close by. You have to find a small engine guy and HOPE he can (and will) fix it. If they are busy they want no part of it. You have to learn to do most of the work yourself so a TM that is easier to fix is important. One my all time favorite TM's was my Hydra Master direct drive - easy to run - easy to fix!

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
The only downside to the lease that I can see just from this conversation is we have to re letter the vans every 3 years.

And they might have in the contract to remove the lettering before you turn it in for a new van. I know if I was Butler, I'd tell the customer that if they didn't remove the lettering, that there'd be a removal fee when they came to turn it in.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

MAU CORNEJO

Feb 1, 2012
ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
Real Name
MAURICIO CORNEJO
Business Location
United States
Other issue is in an area like where I am - there is no one to fix TM's! At least not close by. You have to find a small engine guy and HOPE he can (and will) fix it. If they are busy they want no part of it. You have to learn to do most of the work yourself so a TM that is easier to fix is important. One my all time favorite TM's was my Hydra Master direct drive - easy to run - easy to fix!
Tell me!