Has anyone ever seen a solution line like this?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
my pleasure

i am one of you guys in the trenches...i feel your pain.
Keep following as we are making carpet cleaning easier, less labor more vacuum, more heat and less costly as we get these small improvements.

thanks
I’ve been so busy bud, I’ll be calling as soon as I catch my breath.

Reactions: Ymetimme

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I was excited about ordering this hose originally I think Cobb was the only one carrying it about a year ago... but then got some really bad feedback from 3 people who had ran it with high heat.

Would like to get more feedback from those running high heat TMs with it, sounds like @SRD is putting it to the test.

The issue I was hearing was crimps failing after just a few months

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
go to

TM Accessories and Pricing

americantruckmounts.com
Might be a silly question. Does it have qx’s to connect to standard solution line I already have?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm ordering a continuous 150' ⅜" and a 20' ⅜" whip from Anderson.... Can't use my portable wand on the TM no more though for general cleaning. I'll be over 2.5 GPM through the wand :oops:.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
my pleasure

i am one of you guys in the trenches...i feel your pain.
Keep following as we are making carpet cleaning easier, less labor more vacuum, more heat and less costly as we get these small improvements.

thanks
This hoses made life quite a bit easier it's nice stuff.
I love this stainless steel garden hose that you provide as well

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
After using TM for 18 years I am adding a real ETM to my lineup.

With all the changes in the portable industry I am currently putting together an ETM for closed door cleaning that will have the same specs as a large TM and can run 200-250'.

I will use it inside one of my theaters beginning in the next few weeks.
Might be a silly question. Does it have qx’s to connect to standard solution line I already have?
crimped but no quick connects.....

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
After using TM for 18 years I am adding a real ETM to my lineup.

With all the changes in the portable industry I am currently putting together an ETM for closed door cleaning that will have the same specs as a large TM and can run 200-250'.

I will use it inside one of my theaters beginning in the next few weeks.

crimped but no quick connects.....
The best part is set up right you have unlimited fresh water and with an apo no need to stop cleaning closer to the carpet than with a TM.

Reactions: J20770 and Ymetimme

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Not everyone is gonna like this hose..not perfect
but it is easier to untangle if it gets coiled up and it winds up well on the hose real....better than the old parker.

Any 1/4" hose should have a black hydraulic feeder hose...
best to have 3/8" but 1/4" huadralic will work....

my last hydraulic 1/4" feeder hose lasted 15 years.....

These are the tests on this hose:

steambrite: wire hose is losing 7-8 degrees per 50'
wanders: wire hose is losing 10 degrees per 50'

other tests have shown 18 degree heat loss on a 50'.

the Turbo thermo Oem hose is only losing around 1-2 degrees per 100 foot.

This all depends on how your water flows.

I have a kero heater and have turned my heater down 10 degrees and still getting hotter water.
Turn down your heater and save some fuel and get better heat at the same time.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
One of my favorite parts of running the etm setup is not having to leave the building. I'm working in or worry about anybody coming in while I'm working. But it has to be set up right!!!! Done improperly you end up with 30 chords tripping over one another hoses over here hoses over there it has to be laid out right.

even though I like heat most the medical buildings where I use my machine unloaded have large hot water heaters or instant hot water heaters. And if a proper room is available such as a boiler room I can set up a little giant (yes it is legal and approved by the client) but honestly with large enough hot water heater is not necessary to especially if you use a heat exchanger or electric heater

specially with this hose

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I've had no issues with it and I run a little giant 120.000 BTU the hose actually only gets warm to the touch where we used to have to wear gloves before
Sounds awesome... My burner is double that though.... Keeping an eye on this hose for feedback but I regularly run 1000 psi at 200+ temps so I am skeptical of damn near every hose.... I have had the best results with hydroforce hose rated for 4000 psi... Last one I bought was some generic stuff from derrin hickman I think is his name... The crimps bubbled in a 3 days and the hose failed in 3 months... lol, wont do that again, Hydroforce or bust...

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
it has been my experience the last few years to actually turn down my heater and boost my vacuum while boosting my water flow......

seems to clean better.......
debates out there but I know a lot of guys finding they clean better around 180 than 250+....

my take on the high heat is that too much steam escapes into the wand.....

If you want to get 200-250+ your gonna have to go with the wire hose......

just remember you are losing around 30 degrees
on a 150' hose run

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
it has been my experience the last few years to actually turn down my heater and boost my vacuum while boosting my water flow......

seems to clean better.......
debates out there but I know a lot of guys finding they clean better around 180 than 250+....

my take on the high heat is that too much steam escapes into the wand.....

If you want to get 200-250+ your gonna have to go with the wire hose......

just remember you are losing around 30 degrees
on a 150' hose run
Ive backed off the heat significantly on carpet, mainly to extend hose life, but I clean more tile then carpet and that is where I think Heat really shines for melting that Grease out of the grout... But I mostly just do Acid Washing now any ways, it just provides a brighter grout cleaning in the end...

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Most chemicals are made to react best with temps around 180 degrees. It’s always goes back to the More is always better argument.