Has anyone dealt with a debt collection agency before? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Has anyone dealt with a debt collection agency before?

jacob456

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JacobDavison
Hi, mine is fairly a new business. I’m done with some of my customers who refuse to pay and ignore all efforts to make settlement. I want to recover the debt but I’m unsure of the best way to deal with the problem. One of my friends recommended a debt collector and I’m considering them. Before proceeding, I would like to know if anyone here faces a similar issue with customers and what have you done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aloha one

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
Are we talking carpet cleaning here? Are these residential customers or commercial accounts. how were you taking payments for your services in the first place for this to had happen?

Lots of info missing. Tell us your exact story and im sure more people here will relate.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I've never had customers not pay, residential jobs always pay upon competition of service and commercial accounts are billed out with a net 30. Every now and then a phone call may be required to find out the status on a payment, some larger companies do billing cycles so it may take a bit longer but we have always been paid. If you are talking about apartment work you really have to stay on top of them an limit how much work you will do for them over a time frame without getting paid.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I imagine Babe Ruth would strike out a lot being upside down ;)

Even the king of swing, the sultan of swat was only successful 1/3 of the time and most reports say he was indeed upside down and drunk day to day :D

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Even the king of swing, the sultan of swat was only successful 1/3 of the time and most reports say he was indeed upside down and drunk day to day :D
All the more reason for us to drink, we could be as great as the Babe :p

But seriously imagine how much better his numbers would of been if he wasn't drunk all the time and took better care of his body.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
All the more reason for us to drink, we could be as great as the Babe :p

But seriously imagine how much better his numbers would of been if he wasn't drunk all the time and took better care of his body.

Yeah kinda scary what he could have done, but then maybe he was more comfortable drunk and couldn't have produced the way he did without it.

Kinda like all those great songs wouldn't have been great if those dudes weren't higher than a kite.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Yeah kinda scary what he could have done, but then maybe he was more comfortable drunk and couldn't have produced the way he did without it.

Kinda like all those great songs wouldn't have been great if those dudes weren't higher than a kite.
Hard to say that someone could hit a baseball better drunk than sober but everything about him just adds to his legend and iconic status.With the songs I think they was just was experimenting with music and everything else, added to their creativity :cool:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Well, it striked me as funny that a guy new to the business is already having problems collecting from his customers. Didn't occur to me that it was spam. I've been pretty fortunate in that area with maybe a 1/2 dozen no payers in over 29 years. I can almost remember each and every one of them. Funny how the memory works ain't it!!! I have one of the worst memories in the world, but I remember every one of my no pays! Can't remember the exact amounts though or exactly when. :D

Funny thing is I had one client that didn't pay and went several years and she calls again. I actually forgot about the first time and did the job again. "I'll pay at the first of the month.", she said. Well, that should have tipped me off. I learned not to let residential custys not pay on the spot. That same customer has tried a number of times since to get me to clean for her. Well, that ain't gonna happen!!!:)

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have only had 2 people not pay me. Both are less than $150. Not worth the headache to try to collect. I have thought about sending one a registered letter. He ignores phone calls and letters. Can't place a lien on the property in North Carolina. So, chalk him up on the naughty list and I am done. Movin' on!

StewartKerr

Aug 21, 2020
Real Name
Stewart Kerr
I have met, but as one of their targets, they were calling me several times per day and were annoying me from morning till night. I can say that if you have another way than addressing debt collectors then better choose that one because debt collectors will afraid of a part of your customers. When I had problems with collectors the only way I could get rid of them was by addressing them to https://www.lemberglaw.com/midland-credit-management-mcm-collections-complaints, they helped me to get rid of unwanted calls and even get monetary compensation for all I have gone through. I hope that this information is useful for you, and you will address it to them.