Has anyone cleaned travertine with a 360i?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sweet! I have a whole box of them. Originally, I got them to buff a concrete floor. What other applications can you use them for?

They work good at scrubbing residential carpet too.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Again, thank you for your replies Todd. Does using the 175 eliminate having to scrub the grout with the grout brush?

Sometimes, if the grout is too deep the scrubber will often times ride on the tiles and not be able to reach down into the grout lines.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
How long do you let it dwell? What if the grout has not been sealed?

At least 10 minutes, more will not hurt anything just be sure to clean it before it drys. If you see it start to dry on you just re wet it by misting it with your wand or spinner.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
At least 10 minutes, more will not hurt anything just be sure to clean it before it drys. If you see it start to dry on you just re wet it by misting it with your wand or spinner.

I did the job today and it was a waste time. I was informed by the client that the tile and grout had not been sealed. It was installed and hammered in just over two years ago. The grout was originally white. The client also informed me that she noticed the grout getting darker and darker each time the maid mopped. I tried cleaning a few areas and the grout would not budge. I sprayed Duponts netrual stone and tile cleaner to just over 6 oz for 1.5 gallons prespray. Let dwell, scrubbed with grout brush, padded with the 175 and then put the spinner on it. Nothing was happening. While scrubbing the grout lines, I did not even notice any dirt being pulled up from the grout. There was not even any soil transfer to a rag. While I had the pad on, the lather from the solution was white(not muddy). I could not beleive that not one bit of progress was made. What could have been the problem? Can this grout be cleaned and with what?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That's odd, I would think you would have seen some improvement. If you can, go back and try some alkaline cleaner that you use for tile & grout cleaning. I have used Tilemaster on some bad ones with good success. I would just go in with some alkaline cleaner, a scrub brush and a towel and try one tile on your hands and knees. Do it in a heavily soiled area. If you still see no difference then there is something going on. They have not waxed the floor have they? This video was done on a travertine floor using Tilemaster:

Aug 8, 2012
Missoula, Montana
stonecareonline.com
Real Name
Torin Dixon
Business Location
United States
Spinner with a brush ring. No acidic cleaners. I suggest Bridgepoints Green Balance Hardsurface cleaner. has a PH of 7 and works extremely well.
I would suggest cleaning with HMK R55 Intensive Cleaner. This product is specifically designed for cleaning all stone. No acid.

kingjoelking

Mar 26, 2008
AZ
www.whatsinyourcarpets.com
Real Name
Joel Riggs
Business Location
United States
I did the job today and it was a waste time. I was informed by the client that the tile and grout had not been sealed. It was installed and hammered in just over two years ago. The grout was originally white. The client also informed me that she noticed the grout getting darker and darker each time the maid mopped. I tried cleaning a few areas and the grout would not budge. I sprayed Duponts netrual stone and tile cleaner to just over 6 oz for 1.5 gallons prespray. Let dwell, scrubbed with grout brush, padded with the 175 and then put the spinner on it. Nothing was happening. While scrubbing the grout lines, I did not even notice any dirt being pulled up from the grout. There was not even any soil transfer to a rag. While I had the pad on, the lather from the solution was white(not muddy). I could not beleive that not one bit of progress was made. What could have been the problem? Can this grout be cleaned and with what?

The problem could be that Duponts Neutral stone cleaner sucks? I dont know. I have never used it but I also have never cleaned a dirty floor that I couldnt see dirt going away.