HAS ANYBODY USED HOME ADVISOR FOR LEADS.

Busy Bee Floor Care

Jan 11, 2013
Real Name
Jeff Gardner
Home advisor is amazing. You get leads and exact match leads. I have been with them for years and they are worth every penny. On Thursday alone I received 6 leads. Out of those leads i Booked 5 appointments. I completed one of the jobs yesterday and the bill was 325. This is very common for me.

Busy Bee Floor Care

Jan 11, 2013
Real Name
Jeff Gardner
It's not about what you lose. Lol. It's about what works. Last year home advisor sent me 163 leads. I completed 134 of those leads. I paid them $2653 last year and worth every penny. Thumbtack to me sucks. I spent $100 or so in lead credits and couldn't get even 1 job. Home advisor puts you in front of the client where thumbtack doesn't. As long as I can get infront of the client I'm solid.

raw74

Mar 21, 2011
ga
Real Name
reggie
Business Location
United States
It's not about what you lose. Lol. It's about what works. Last year home advisor sent me 163 leads. I completed 134 of those leads. I paid them $2653 last year and worth every penny. Thumbtack to me sucks. I spent $100 or so in lead credits and couldn't get even 1 job. Home advisor puts you in front of the client where thumbtack doesn't. As long as I can get infront of the client I'm solid.
Is this the same busy bee in Douglasville, Ga

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Tried it for the last 4 months here, just had them turn off all residential and only commercial leads now. Going to give it one more shot aiming just at commercial, if it pans out the same I will cancel it.

I used to own a landscape construction company pre 2008 and we used Service Magic, which was bought by the company that owns Home Advisor. Service magic was really good but then around 2008 became very illegitimate, basically selling lots of bogus leads and they got in lots of trouble over it with the attorney general.

We decided to give home advisor a shot since its somewhat a new company, so far we have seen the same trend as the bad times at Service Magic.

for instance, this week alone I got 9 leads and 8/9 were a disconnected or invalid phone number... some just have a constant busy signal, some have a message saying the number has been disconnected etc. Out of 45 leads in the last month over 90% were bogus/ disconnected numbers/ or you actually get the customer on the phone and they basically were just browsing the web and maybe possibly wanted an estimate but not at all looking to get the job done any time soon.

You can try it, it may work in some markets but seems to not be legit here at all. I talked to a manager customer service rep and told him they need better filters to eliminate spam.... he seemed to agree.

Basically they can just get spammed with fake requests, fake google voice numbers etc and they dont seem to have much of anything in place to stop it

Busy Bee Floor Care

Jan 11, 2013
Real Name
Jeff Gardner
Tried it for the last 4 months here, just had them turn off all residential and only commercial leads now. Going to give it one more shot aiming just at commercial, if it pans out the same I will cancel it.

I used to own a landscape construction company pre 2008 and we used Service Magic, which was bought by the company that owns Home Advisor. Service magic was really good but then around 2008 became very illegitimate, basically selling lots of bogus leads and they got in lots of trouble over it with the attorney general.

We decided to give home advisor a shot since its somewhat a new company, so far we have seen the same trend as the bad times at Service Magic.

for instance, this week alone I got 9 leads and 8/9 were a disconnected or invalid phone number... some just have a constant busy signal, some have a message saying the number has been disconnected etc. Out of 45 leads in the last month over 90% were bogus/ disconnected numbers/ or you actually get the customer on the phone and they basically were just browsing the web and maybe possibly wanted an estimate but not at all looking to get the job done any time soon.

You can try it, it may work in some markets but seems to not be legit here at all. I talked to a manager customer service rep and told him they need better filters to eliminate spam.... he seemed to agree.

Basically they can just get spammed with fake requests, fake google voice numbers etc and they dont seem to have much of anything in place to stop it
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I have experienced the opposite. They got better away from service magic. Also if I can't verify a lead I get that credited. I hear a lot of bad about home advisor but I do not see any of it.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ill put it like this, they refund MANY MANY leads all the time. They are quick to refund them without asking questions, which sounds like a good thing at first but it actually gives you an idea of how many bogus leads they are producing.

they even have a menu option when you call for lead refunding

Ive had 24 leads refunded in the last 40 days, they just instantly credit them to your acct and dont really ask too many questions.

because fake leads are extremely illegal

Busy Bee Floor Care

Jan 11, 2013
Real Name
Jeff Gardner
Ill put it like this, they refund MANY MANY leads all the time. They are quick to refund them without asking questions, which sounds like a good thing at first but it actually gives you an idea of how many bogus leads they are producing.

they even have a menu option when you call for lead refunding

Ive had 24 leads refunded in the last 40 days, they just instantly credit them to your acct and dont really ask too many questions.
True. It wasn't always that easy but if they don't credit me a bogus lead I ask for a manager and they always do it