Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I've done cc for 20 years now. I remember in the 90's as soon as you walked into a home it was wall to wall carpet (even in some bathrooms and kitchens). As time went on hardwood flooring became less expensive and more popular.

I saw the change and got into window and duct cleaning. Today in a typical home I see very little carpet. Maybe on the stairs or in the basement.

I had many contracts with restaurants that have all changed to tile ( I clean t/g also but the demand isn't as strong as cc was).

Just wondering if anyone else has felt the pinch. Maybe it's a location thing but if my business relied on just cc alone, I wouldn't have made it.

Pepperman70

Sep 29, 2010
Iowa
Real Name
Mike Pepper
Business Location
United States
Everything gets dirty and neglected. Diversify to survive.

bill

Jun 29, 2008
Southern California
freshcleanhome.com
Real Name
Bill Vivers
Business Location
United States
Not really here in my area, besides we currently do everything but wood/laminate floors which keeps us plenty busy

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Not at all. I just did 2 hardwood jobs in the last 3 weeks. One for $1000 and the other for $755.

cyphersbg

Mr. Cyphers
Jul 19, 2013
California
www.oceanwestsd.com
Real Name
Branston Cyphers
Business Location
United States
Hard seems to be popular in areas who get a lot of snow. Here in the desert most people have carpet at least in their rooms and most apartments are carpet throughout.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Do you recommend using a Karcher machine like the one posted above or using a 175.
I prefer the 175 and a squeegee head gekko wand.

do you move furniture, work around it, or have them move it?
I move everything. If I can move it off the wood and leave it off (such as putting everything onto carpet or tile) then the price is $1 a sq ft. If it is a job like I did a couple months ago where the whole downstairs is hardwood and the furniture has to be moved twice it becomes a 2 day job (no matter how big) and the price is $1.50 a sq ft.

Reactions: Troyster

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States

I move everything. If I can move it off the wood and leave it off (such as putting everything onto carpet or tile) then the price is $1 a sq ft. If it is a job like I did a couple months ago where the whole downstairs is hardwood and the furniture has to be moved twice it becomes a 2 day job (no matter how big) and the price is $1.50 a sq ft.
I'm doing my first monday, I am having to do it in halves. A step by step write up with pics would be awesome Todd. any chance of talking you into doing it?

hubcitylouie

May 14, 2013
Lubbock,Tx
www.cirruscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Louie Hilliard
Business Location
United States
I did 1300 sq ft today in a restaurant. I used the cimex, beige pads, spartan strategic cleaner at 2-3oz per gal, and then extracted it with my turbo force brush head. It worked really great. No finish or sanding but I unspectacular they will call me back wanting that.

Louie

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I'm doing my first monday, I am having to do it in halves. A step by step write up with pics would be awesome Todd. any chance of talking you into doing it?
I'll PM you after dinner.

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
I am doing hardwood floor in the morning at a bed n breakfast $1275. This past week i did a 2 day job hardwood + clean and seal slate $2300 for both. Its the best thing i ever added for sure.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States

Did you see the video todd of Richard Baldwin cleaning hard wood using his spinner? Ever see that before?

I would love to get into it as well but like most would say, where do you put furniture?

One idea I had was using my moving company from my biz group but what customer is willing to pay for that.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Did you see the video todd of Richard Baldwin cleaning hard wood using his spinner? Ever see that before?

I would love to get into it as well but like most would say, where do you put furniture?

One idea I had was using my moving company from my biz group but what customer is willing to pay for that.
Not sure I would use a spinner as you need too much psi. I usually rinse using my tile wand and 100 psi followed by a mop.