Hardwood floor cleaning (Help!)

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez
a9dada5f42855b23833bec11af1577fb.jpg

3095c273a4e9d513466349e36b9cfe1e.jpg

How would you guys clean this wood floors?

The homeowner bought a wood cleaner at the Home Depot & tried cleaning it himself as you can see in the picture but rather pay me to do it.

What products would you guys recommend?
I own a 175, can I use that? And what pads would you guys recommend using?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

The homeowner bought a wood cleaner at the Home Depot & tried cleaning it himself as you can see in the picture but rather pay me to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Get the Hydroforce wood care products. Get a white and maroon pad to use as well.

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=Hydroforce+Wood

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

Thanks in advance!

Todd gave you excellent advice above,, but I would say this floor is very dirty and you might need to scrub with a pad and extract it well before applying whatever finish you will be putting on it..
Hydro force is a good wood system to start out on if you have never done one before and its simple to use and understand....... do about 30 of these and then pm me and ill tell you some other ways to make the floor POP !!!

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez
Get the Hydroforce wood care products. Get a white and maroon pad to use as well.

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=Hydroforce+Wood

So I should just spray the Hydro-force heavy duty cleaner and go over it with the white and maroon pad? And then spray it with the Hydro-force wood fresh hardwood cleaner to neutralize it, I seen the video looks like his going over it with a thin bonnet to neutralize it.

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez
Todd gave you excellent advice above,, but I would say this floor is very dirty and you might need to scrub with a pad and extract it well before applying whatever finish you will be putting on it..
Hydro force is a good wood system to start out on if you have never done one before and its simple to use and understand....... do about 30 of these and then pm me and ill tell you some other ways to make the floor POP !!!

Thank you, I sure will pm you. I've been procrastinating on doing wood floors because of fear. But I've looked at videos from interlink and YouTube. And the Hydro-force systems looks pretty easy to do.

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez
What I use us hydroforce hardwood cleaner and top coat. But you need to test to make sure there isn't any wax applied to the floor in the past. @scottw probably Has more information. I use a maroon pad under a white pad

Sent from my E6782 using TMF Forums mobile app
I did test it and there was no wax on it, they just used a neutral cleaner to clean it but have not done it in months as you can see. After you go over it with a maroon pad under a white pad do you neutralize it with the Hydro-force cleaner and Bonnet?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
So I should just spray the Hydro-force heavy duty cleaner and go over it with the white and maroon pad? And then spray it with the Hydro-force wood fresh hardwood cleaner to neutralize it, I seen the video looks like his going over it with a thin bonnet to neutralize it.

I usually use the heavy duty cleaner and the maroon pad then rinse well. Then I mop over it using the wood fresh and then once the floor is 100% dry apply one of the finishes.

The maroon pad is really thin so you put the white pad on top of it as a cushion.

Do be careful, I had a floor that was made out of engineered hardwood pucker up on me. I was sure I would be paying for a new floor but lucky for me the customer was real nice and understanding. Here's a thread i posted about it. https://www.truckmountforums.com/th...od-or-cleaning-rugs-in-customers-homes.57148/

I actually quit doing hardwood after that job. I don't want to discourage you from doing hardwood but you do need to be careful.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I usually use the heavy duty cleaner and the maroon pad then rinse well. Then I mop over it using the wood fresh and then once the floor is 100% dry apply one of the finishes.

The maroon pad is really thin so you put the white pad on top of it as a cushion.

Do be careful, I had a floor that was made out of engineered hardwood pucker up on me. I was sure I would be paying for a new floor but lucky for me the customer was real nice and understanding. Here's a thread i posted about it. https://www.truckmountforums.com/th...od-or-cleaning-rugs-in-customers-homes.57148/

I actually quit doing hardwood after that job. I don't want to discourage you from doing hardwood but you do need to be careful.

That's why I like you Todd, your honest! I do the same, there's to much of a risk in wood. Especially where I live, because in many homes there's not real wood here (to expensive). So to many chances to take, not worth it for us. Unfortunately Todd I can't say the same about your candidate! But we're still TMF family!

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I took the hardwood clean and seal class at magic wand in New Jersey back in February. Good class and they recorded that class which is now available through Magic Wand.
I used these two products they offer. I always use the stripper first to remove what crap the client and put on there floor. Then follow with five coats of the floor finish.
5bcc98d2deec77ef3badb467f9545937.jpg
9ad3d0b19565ac79aa52e26dafb9756c.jpg

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Jan 17, 2016
Real Name
Melvin hernandez
I took the hardwood clean and seal class at magic wand in New Jersey back in February. Good class and they recorded that class which is now available through Magic Wand.
I used these two products they offer. I always use the stripper first to remove what crap the client and put on there floor. Then follow with five coats of the floor finish.
5bcc98d2deec77ef3badb467f9545937.jpg
9ad3d0b19565ac79aa52e26dafb9756c.jpg

Thanks!

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
That's why I like you Todd, your honest! I do the same, there's to much of a risk in wood. Especially where I live, because in many homes there's not real wood here (to expensive). So to many chances to take, not worth it for us. Unfortunately Todd I can't say the same about your candidate! But we're still TMF family!
when I clean hard wood floors, I have everything ready at my disposal, I treat it as a strip and wax except I rarely use scrub pads on a wood floor unless its horrible and real wood,, pergo I use a bonnet wetted with the cleaning chem I am using but basically,
1- sweep dust mop floor,,, I usually use my dust wand on the floor first
2- my squeegee wand is read and I spray the floor put the wand down and run the bonnet over
the floor to power mop it
3- change pads to water wetted damp bonnet and rinse followed by a dry bonnet
4- buff floor with a tan pad to get it ready for finish
5- if I am using floor finish I use NCL one (finest shine off the mop on the market) just made for wood in my opinion
6- use a flat finish mop and apply heavy so you don't have to do but one coat
7- stand back and admire the shine while im packing up,,

I don't recommend ever to flood floor like a basic strip and wax on wood,, use the bonnets to do the dirty work and if need be spray and area scrub with red pad and immediately put on a bonnet to pick it up and follow with rinse bonnets ,,, let the 175 do all the work

usually on Fridays I do service work on a lot of my wood houses,,,, I charge triple what its worth,, basically I use a damp bonnet with neutral floor cleaner, and clean the floor really fast, switch to dry bonnet and start buffing floor, then hit with white or champagne pad to buff,,, if I need to add finish I do but usually I don't,,, im talking only thing I take in the house is squirt bottle pads and 175 and do the houses in 30- 45 mins , and 350$ min charge.

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hey guys, I am cleaning a restaurant, I am 2 days in and the manager is not happy with the hardwood floors, he's saying there are streaks and footprints. This surprised me because the last clean, I used BONA and a microfiber mop and found that did a miraculous job. Not sure what he was seeing but maybe they reappeared after I left.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
Hey guys, I am cleaning a restaurant, I am 2 days in and the manager is not happy with the hardwood floors, he's saying there are streaks and footprints. This surprised me because the last clean, I used BONA and a microfiber mop and found that did a miraculous job. Not sure what he was seeing but maybe they reappeared after I left.

looking for the quick response

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States

Really need pictures and more information, to see what the issue is before anyone can help you fix it. . . But first suggestion would be stop using BONA.

It it real wood,(If so prefinished or sanded),laminate, or engineered?

Have you cleaned this restaurant floor before?

Are there any staff still there walking on it after you clean before its dry?

What are you using for a degreaser?

mrkavin

Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin

Thanks in advance!

Is Bona the best hardwood floor cleaner and polish? Can you recommend the best hardwood floor cleaner and polish if you think other than the Bona product? Thanks.