Hard surface help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hard surface help

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I've had 2 jobs recently, 1 hardwood 1 laminate, for hardwood I used Zep pH perfect with a red pad and bonnet, worked ok but the red pad was leaving a film behind. The laminate same cleaner with red pad and upon drying there was a haze, I hit it with a Terry cloth and there was still a dirty residue left behind. White pad dry seemed to help the look but how can I clean these more effective? 1 pass clean an option?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Use squeeky hard floor cleaner, works much better and leaves no residue

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Also you need to damp mop up the residue after you scrub.
I use a microfiber flat mop system

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Also you need to damp mop up the residue after you scrub.
I use a microfiber flat mop system
How much rtu product down on the floor are we talking? Should I be Mopping up left overs or using a little amount and then mopping the dryed floor? I know on the laminate it can't be too wet, I've basically been throwing down a mist, buffing and letting it dry down. That's when I'm seeing the film.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
How much rtu product down on the floor are we talking? Should I be Mopping up left overs or using a little amount and then mopping the dryed floor? I know on the laminate it can't be too wet, I've basically been throwing down a mist, buffing and letting it dry down. That's when I'm seeing the film.
Mist the floor with diluted product in small areas.
It has alcohol in it so it evaporates if you leave it too long.

Scrub with 175 red pad.
Use clean, damp flat mops to pick up soiled residue.
Buff with 175 white pad.

Have plenty of clean mops and change them frequently.
Rinse and reuse as needed.

Goes pretty quick once you get a system going.

I just buff it at the end, room by room so you don't have to keep swapping 175 pads, or drag the 175 back to a room you did.

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
I've had 2 jobs recently, 1 hardwood 1 laminate, for hardwood I used Zep pH perfect with a red pad and bonnet, worked ok but the red pad was leaving a film behind. The laminate same cleaner with red pad and upon drying there was a haze, I hit it with a Terry cloth and there was still a dirty residue left behind. White pad dry seemed to help the look but how can I clean these more effective? 1 pass clean an option?
Your logo is interesting.