Hard surface HELP | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hard surface HELP

Jan 27, 2015
Columbia, South Carolina
Real Name
Austin Royal
Business Location
United States
Used Groutmaster to get it cleaned, let it sit for 10 min and cleaned behind it. Have tried to continue to clean with water and let dry, had a white residue in some areas up under counters and such. Tried more groutmaster to see if it would budge and it helped a little bit. The floor was not like this when i started. Tried kick acid, and neutral cleaner. Have tried to call truckmount forums shop @RobAllen and send message but no response either way. Any ideas, i am putting epoxy on tomorrow but need this cleaned first.
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You have a sealer on that floor. You have semi stripped it. Those jobs are tough. They must be stripped, cleaned and sealed.

• Wow
Reactions: Odin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would buy a good stripper designed to remove urethane coatings, and pray as much as you can. Topical coating in brick is a nightmare.

From the difficulty you are having with the "wax" my guess is that you have a poly based topcoat on that. Only three ways I know to attack that.

1st tape the walls from the bottom of the base board to about 3 feet up the walls and cabinets. You will need to protect the walls from the stripper. Other wise you will also get to pain there walls and refinish there cabinets.

Get a strong stripper like Johnsons,and spray stripper or mop it on which ever you prefer in 10' x 10' sections. let it sit for 20 minutes making sure it dosnt dry. If it looks like it is drying spray more down. Then take a 80 or 120 nylagrit brush on a 175 to it. The stripper will really only soften it. the Nylagrit will remove it. Then suck up the sludge. one worry about this method is leaving a swirl pattern on the brick.
3) Get a respirator and go to Home deopt and get Jasco stripper. Make sure you also have heavy chem resistent gloves. Working with that is nasty nasty nasty but it will remove poly based top coats. Once again work in small sections and must let product dwell!!

But as this is a brick floor and brick is very porous. It is very common for people to use a Poly based sealer on it. properly done the poly can last for 20 years.

These jobs are a nightmare and you can easily put in 2-5 days. Must test for topical and set clients expectation level. Or, on these jobs, walk away.

Reactions: floorclean