Hands on Carpet & Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Training | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hands on Carpet & Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Training

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
We want to find a hands on training program, not an online course or one of those that's two or three days long because I don't think that's enough time to really learn the ropes. Anyone have any idea who we can contact to get this going? I'd like to get information about carpet cleaning, grout, tile, stone and wood restoration.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
If you can watch a YouTube video and learn how to fix your lawnmower then why not carpet cleaning?
I'm going to catch some heat for saying this, but it's really not that complicated.
The good thing about video based is that you can watch them again and again.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Come visit me in St. Louis, I'll charge $5,000 a day and send you home with a free jug of chemical! The values are endless! ;)

I believe Rob Allen has his school in Virginia Beach. Otherwise find your nearest Jon Don and take some IICRC classes.

Scott W can also send you some valuable resources.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Come visit me in St. Louis, I'll charge $5,000 a day and send you home with a free jug of chemical! The values are endless! ;)

I believe Rob Allen has his school in Virginia Beach. Otherwise find your nearest Jon Don and take some IICRC classes.

Scott W can also send you some valuable resources.
Lol, sure but it must come with a bud light & a redeemable million (or more if you just want to be generous) dollar lottery ticket otherwise I'm gonna have to go with the fella over yonder.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Honestly the kind of "schooling" you're looking for it would take at least a week to go in-depth about carpet alone. Tile, Wood, and Stone restoration...sheesh that could take a while!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Do beware of information over-load. LEarning all about several topics can send the student away with a little confusion.

The IICRC classroom courses do take a few days and include some hands-on along with book learning. Dane Gregory offers a good course for stone, tile & grout. I have some manuals and videos, but not doing any live training myself.

Many distributors, including most Interlink Supply stores have training floors where they can demonstrate and let you practice on wood, stone, tile & grout as well as carpet.

I have not attended Rob's course in VA Beach, but it sounds like that might be what you are looking for.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Do beware of information over-load. LEarning all about several topics can send the student away with a little confusion.

The IICRC classroom courses do take a few days and include some hands-on along with book learning. Dane Gregory offers a good course for stone, tile & grout. I have some manuals and videos, but not doing any live training myself.

Many distributors, including most Interlink Supply stores have training floors where they can demonstrate and let you practice on wood, stone, tile & grout as well as carpet.

I have not attended Rob's course in VA Beach, but it sounds like that might be what you are looking for.
I've looked on this website for his course but all I have found are online video courses. I'm going to check out the interlink but would like to take a look at what Rob offers. How to we reach him or learn more about the program he offers?

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
If you can watch a YouTube video and learn how to fix your lawnmower then why not carpet cleaning?
I'm going to catch some heat for saying this, but it's really not that complicated.
The good thing about video based is that you can watch them again and again.
ha Im with you in that one. I actually tell people its not complicated you just have to want do learn it and do a good job. Im one of those annoying people that thinks they can do anything given enough time to learn...and I learn by looking and paying attention

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
We want to find a hands on training program, not an online course or one of those that's two or three days long because I don't think that's enough time to really learn the ropes. Anyone have any idea who we can contact to get this going? I'd like to get information about carpet cleaning, grout, tile, stone and wood restoration.
Take robs course than fly here and you can go with me for a month,, youll be ready for bear when your done

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Take robs course than fly here and you can go with me for a month,, youll be ready for bear when your done
I sent Rob a message on ehre but haven't heard back. Anyone know where I can find info about his course? Where are you located? I might not want to leave if your not drowning in flooding waters :)

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I sent Rob a message on ehre but haven't heard back. Anyone know where I can find info about his course? Where are you located? I might not want to leave if your not drowning in flooding waters :)
Rob's has on-line training and hands-on training center in Virginia Beach, VA.

Tag him in a post and he will get back to you soon.