HALL OF SHAME. I screwed up my solution pump or something. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

HALL OF SHAME. I screwed up my solution pump or something.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
If you use it to prime chemical feed, do you leave chemical meter valve half way or open all the way ?
I did away with the chemical feed on both of my TM's. They never seemed to work right but it could of been operator error who knows.

Littleguy

Feb 8, 2019
Real Name
Timmy
Yeah guys, once i figure out the problem next week ill be posting the ful detailed story and what is wrong or what are the solution.. That way someone out there might learn something..

Reactions: Luky

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Check the pump oil, if its a shake or empty then you blew a seal and it ran dry, have someone check it out, it might need to be replaced

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Take the solution qd off machine. Stand back hook up your water supply hose, wait a few minutes then start up mach and put pump on. See if water is flowing. Flush for a few minutes the replace qd. Prime chem meter and pump.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't know if this helps, but it's something I've seen over the years so it could prevent someone a big problem. Whenever you hook up to a water supply outside with a hose you need to be aware those outlets may not have been used for months or even years. Crud gets up inside those faucets and can either stop up the hose feeding your machine or go right into your water pump. I put a filter on my water hose and make sure it's clear before I hook up. I have another filter between the water going into the machine. If you don't watch it you can starve the pump for water w/o even knowing why. I like to turn the outside water on a minute to make sure it's flushed out or hook up the hose and make certain water is flowing well before hooking to the machine.

I don't know if @Littleguy was using outside water when this happened. What I'm suspecting is either pump cavitation or a clog at some point where water enters the machine or the pump. I'd definitely try to make 100% certain water is entering the machine properly before I turned that thing on again. I'd follow that with using a short open-ended hose connected to the machine like mentioned above. I'd also probably call the dealer first thing in the am before I did anything.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have to add that you should have had some TRAINING from the dealer! I copied this from your manual on that machine. "Dealer Responsibility Your distributor from whom you purchased this mobile cleaning unit is responsible for correct installation of this machine. The dealer is also responsible for initial training of your operators and maintenance personnel in proper operation and maintenance of this unit.

I would be scared to death as a new operator trying to go out willy nilly and start using it. That's not a lawn mower or a weed eater! Your dealer needs to be called on the carpet for this. I don't know how much a dealer makes off that sale, but I suspect it's a substantial amount. This is not a toy you sell and say, "See ya later!"