Hair Salon Bid

J-Rod18

Jan 10, 2019
Real Name
J.P.
Howdy!
So I have a Hair Salon in California that currently has a cleaner they had for years, but do not want to proceed with because laziness has kicked in.
1200sqft Tile floor. 12 "stations" where chairs are. 2 Single small bathrooms with sink and toilet in each.
They want 4 days a week, Monday - Thursday early AM, sweep, mop, clean both bathrooms and empty garbage's every day I listed.
Can you tell me either what daily rate would be, weekly rate or monthly rate.
Thanks!

Reactions: Common janitor

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
What do you estimate it will take you to do what they want. After you determine time then add 20% to that for the times you will get delayed, dirtier than normal, yada, yada, yada. Then determine what will make it worth your time to do it. That is what you should charge. Do a contract. Tie your future increases to the Consumer Price Index. If it goes up 4% then your price will rise that much.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Questions :
1. Are you responsible for taking care of cleaning the station chairs and sinks ??
2. Waiting and reception area ??
3. Do you have a good shop vac and tools ??
( Because you’re going to be fighting hair just trying to sweep or dust mop .)
4. You’re doing this before they open ?? No way . After they close and everyone is gone . No slip and fall from a floor that didn’t dry .
If you have an hourly rate tell them a two hour minimum .
Depends on how clean they are and how detailed they want the cleaning .
All the Best , Ed

J-Rod18

Jan 10, 2019
Real Name
J.P.
Thanks Guys, I am going to walk through with him in a couple days, I am actually his window cleaner, been doing him for 11 years, so I am someone he trusts that can come in at 4am to get the place done. I am sure it will only take less than an hour to do, as he told me over the phone, sweep, mop, bathrooms and garbage's is all he needs, It is super open floor plan nothing to move, unless he wants me to move the station chairs every night, but I was thinking of charging $75-$100 per visit so $1600 month average. It just sounds like a lot of money to me, but I am trying to figure out if that is the normal. Also I have no employee's. I can make $100 or more an hour doing window cleaning but I have been trying to expand into overnight/early morning cleanings since I already leave by 4:30am anyways.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
TBH , if the owner is already a client then $75 is a good enough number for me . I’m at $31.50 / hr . and at a two hour minimum it would be $63 . Lots of people are much lower and higher than me .......... and that’s in my area !! Cali is like a different country with the taxes and cost of living compared to a little town in Pa .
Longken is right on all points , and PLEASE make it WORTH the TIME you spend on the job . Make sure you get the “ details “ straight from the owner . If he isn’t forthcoming make sure you ASK . JMHO .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: J-Rod18