Had job cancel because I wasn't TM

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
When I started I went to a huge to give an estimate and the manager asked the 4 people that were giving the estimate including me, what do you guys use to clean? The machine in the van or portables? One guy rushed and started running his mouth hat he had the biggest, baddest, hottest, TM and goin on and on and the guy said sorry I need portables we can't have windows or doors open, I said I use portables, and he said let's talk about numbers, and hae been working for them for 7 years now.

My advice to you is keep doin what you are doing and save and buy an TM for residential and keep your porty, then buy a cimex or an orbital machine and you can do also VLM, for commercial.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have 3 or 4 people per year ask if I use a truckmount. You will get the question occasionally. Just try to have a good response prepared.
I wonder, what's good response in my case would be. My generator is so loud, instead of complaints I get compliments." It must be a strong truckmount". Yes. indeed, Mrs. Jones...The older you get, people statt to trust you for no particular reason. I guess, gray hair means wisdom. A lot of it....

Nov 4, 2018
Moline, IL
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I believe the concern was losing customers over not having a truckmount… which I rarely did myself. As to the classic aphorism "fake it til you make it", that's hardly an original idea, and is a staple in sales strategy... i.e., by imitating confidence, competence, and an optimistic mindset, a person can realize those qualities in their real life.

Confidence is what most cleaners lack when it comes to selling themselves, especially at the beginning of building their business. I don't see the value of losing a single appointment over a customer's expectation of "equipment" if it can be avoided... principals have yet to make an insurance payment or gas up a van. At the end of the day, customers want a clean carpet and will hire who they perceive can make that happen with zero headaches.

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
I believe the concern was losing customers over not having a truckmount… which I rarely did myself. As to the classic aphorism "fake it til you make it", that's hardly an original idea, and is a staple in sales strategy... i.e., by imitating confidence, competence, and an optimistic mindset, a person can realize those qualities in their real life.

Confidence is what most cleaners lack when it comes to selling themselves, especially at the beginning of building their business. I don't see the value of losing a single appointment over a customer's expectation of "equipment" if it can be avoided... principals have yet to make an insurance payment or gas up a van. At the end of the day, customers want a clean carpet and will hire who they perceive can make that happen with zero headaches.
I understand that you need to make money thing, I've been there, I used portables, I still have them but hate using them now, but one thing I hate is people not being honest to me when I ask a question when I am looking for a service or a contractor, if I can't trust them I can't leave them in my house alone, and I could care less if they have to eat or not, be upfront and if I ask a question, just be honest.

I've been working with some of my clients for over 10 years and some of them did not want to hire me because I was using a portable, but when I got to their home and they were unsure about it I said if you are not happy with the results it's free what do you have to lose? Did the job and collected, after 2 years I bought my first TM, which was a piece of crap and have been upgrading ever since.

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
David hood
Have you ever heard of a red rocket you plug it into their wall connected to your water hose and you have instant heat why not buy it it's like $189 and it's worth the investment you can use it on a portable or a truckmount so you never lose another job

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
David hood
According to IICRC certification for every single degree above 100 degrees you clean a hundred times better per degree

Dec 5, 2018
Real Name
David hood
I have a truck mount system or should I say trailer mounted system prochem legend for sale for under $6,000 seems like a pretty good deal you should call 805 305 5677 David

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Have you ever heard of a red rocket you plug it into their wall connected to your water hose and you have instant heat why not buy it it's like $189 and it's worth the investment you can use it on a portable or a truckmount so you never lose another job
Never heard of that type of heater, but I have heard of a redrock portable heater, is that the one?

Sep 11, 2016
Real Name
Brandon Evans
Having a truck mount has both its advantages and disadvantages. I have a truck mount, but I hate when guys with these huge fancy truck mounts knock the guys who use a portable. A good cleaner, who understands chemistry, fabric types, TACT, etc can clean really good with a portable.