Had a good laugh today | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Had a good laugh today

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
Lady called me and said her carpet is smashed down and flat now after she had it cleaned. She wanted to know if it could have been from carpet cleaner being overweight? I tried my best not to laugh but I couldn’t stop. I told her I am 240 pounds and I have never had that problem or heard of it before. I asked what neighborhood she is in and knew it was probably a cheap builders grade carpet and pad but she wasn’t having that because it was nice and fluffy before the cleaning. So I get there and it was obvious that the cleaner used a heavy soap or more like a shampoo. She wasn’t lying it was flat as a board and sticky. So sticky that after walking on it you could feel your shoes sticking to the tile. Carpet had a major white residue I had some Flex acid rinse that I put in my fresh water tank and mixed some up and put it in my Hydroforce, used my CRB making foam like crazy, rinsed heavily with Bonzer using #2 nozzles. Didn’t know what else to do and told her it will take several more rinses to get it out. Luckily I had some powder defoamer that has been in my truck probably 10 years or more to put in waste tank. It looks great for now but I know it will not last. Anyone else got a better idea how to rinse it out?

Reactions: sbsscn

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I think you did the right thing. You explained to her and you used a acid and pre sprayed it, and you used de-foamer. Hopefully you rinse and a strong acid rinse and sprinkled de-foamer. Another rinse that can be used is a product by CTI/Pros choice SCR (soil crystallizing Rinse) <- this stuff works!

Reactions: Steam It.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Soap free procyon products are great at rinsing and leaves no detergent behind and is a natural defoamer. It's what I actually run through my injection system for my rinse. Sounds like this was a pretty extreme situation though.

Reactions: Steam It.

scrubb3d_Ed

Mar 22, 2021
Real Name
Ernest Wood
Lady called me and said her carpet is smashed down and flat now after she had it cleaned. She wanted to know if it could have been from carpet cleaner being overweight? I tried my best not to laugh but I couldn’t stop. I told her I am 240 pounds and I have never had that problem or heard of it before. I asked what neighborhood she is in and knew it was probably a cheap builders grade carpet and pad but she wasn’t having that because it was nice and fluffy before the cleaning. So I get there and it was obvious that the cleaner used a heavy soap or more like a shampoo. She wasn’t lying it was flat as a board and sticky. So sticky that after walking on it you could feel your shoes sticking to the tile. Carpet had a major white residue I had some Flex acid rinse that I put in my fresh water tank and mixed some up and put it in my Hydroforce, used my CRB making foam like crazy, rinsed heavily with Bonzer using #2 nozzles. Didn’t know what else to do and told her it will take several more rinses to get it out. Luckily I had some powder defoamer that has been in my truck probably 10 years or more to put in waste tank. It looks great for now but I know it will not last. Anyone else got a better idea how to rinse it out?
I think you did the good thing in this case. After all, we can all agree you explained absolutely everything to her.