Had a 5k day today cleaning commercial carpet.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
The client must of had 8K that he had to decide," Should I use it to light some cigars or should I give it to a carpet cleaner?"

He must have a very high margin, he's moving dope.

For 5K he could of paid to have the carpet replaced.

Many cleaners would have happily done the job for $1000.

Sounds fishly for an informed business man that has been around the block a few times to throw away money.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
LOL!! I don't believe this nonsense for a minute. Most businesses are required to get 3 estimates. He could buy new commercial glue down carpet for less than $4800. Maybe the original poster was just trying to see how many dolts he could catch in the net.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
LOL!! I don't believe this nonsense for a minute. Most businesses are required to get 3 estimates. He could buy new commercial glue down carpet for less than $4800. Maybe the original poster was just trying to see how many dolts he could catch in the net.

I don't know.

When I bought chems today i paid ten time the price on the label.

The supplier seemed like such a nice guy, I decided to hand out $100 bills to all the staff and few folks that were just passing by.

The next time I'll pay only 5 times the price on the label.

Ain't life grand!!

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Definitely fishy but have seen some bizzare things over the years for sure. Just because someone is wealthy does not mean they are smart or have common sense. The owner could have looked at this as a 1x time restoration project but have to say they must be really naive or mentally unstable

I get up every saturday morning at 5am, everyone and love my business also but have never crossed something like this and 3,000 sqr's is nothing like a drop in bucket. Bizarre story.