Hack 101 - How hacks make us look good | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hack 101 - How hacks make us look good

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I really think price is a geographic relativity. If I live and work in NY City... ya I want/need $200 room. Here in Central Calif... Ill take $23-36 room and for maintenance condition (been a year). As far as my quality-well, Its been a long long while since ive missed a spot.

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
but ya... if your charging in the bottom 25% of your area I think you might b a hack whether you want to admit it or not. your just cutting your own throat and diminishing our industry reputation

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I really think price is a geographic relativity. If I live and work in NY City... ya I want/need $200 room. Here in Central Calif... Ill take $23-36 room and for maintenance condition (been a year). As far as my quality-well, Its been a long long while since ive missed a spot.
Where in central California are you at?

Abenpatty

Jul 18, 2015
Real Name
Abe
All you guys are hilarious
Lot war story's shared here brings back memories when I worked at carpet cleaning company

Drew Moore

Nov 16, 2015
Memphis, Tennessee
Real Name
Drew Moore
Business Location
United States
The more the market gets saturated with what you call "hacks". (I call them coupon cleaners) I feel it actually makes us look bad overall. If the majority of cleaners are charging prices that make real profit unsustainable and it dilutes prospects perception of value in our industry. Furthermore, if a bunch of guys are running around over wetting carpet and cleaning superficially , your average Joe thinks very little of carpet cleaning as a service and eventually comes to the conclusion that price is the only relevant concern.

Agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
If price is a mitigating factor then you have the wrong customers! I had to take 5 steps back and cut most of my previous customers loose to start to take a step forward and do it right! A good reputation as a cleaner is no good if it's overshadowed by the fact your dirt cheap!

Reactions: aloha one

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
If price is a mitigating factor then you have the wrong customers! I had to take 5 steps back and cut most of my previous customers loose to start to take a step forward and do it right! A good reputation as a cleaner is no good if it's overshadowed by the fact your dirt cheap!
How is business troy?

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
How is business troy?
I'm in a rebuild mode and stifled by debt at the moment! Working a full time job has it's benefits but I would rather be cleaning full time and not part time! When it slows down next month I have arranged time off to hit the streets and promote my janitorial business! Once I build up some clientele I will be able to turn things around! Slow going right now doing resi jobs but eventually with hustle and determination it will turn around and take off! A lot of oil & gas projects are on hold in the area due to slumping oil prices so its a wait it out and slug it out time right now!

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I'm in a rebuild mode and stifled by debt at the moment! Working a full time job has it's benefits but I would rather be cleaning full time and not part time! When it slows down next month I have arranged time off to hit the streets and promote my janitorial business! Once I build up some clientele I will be able to turn things around! Slow going right now doing resi jobs but eventually with hustle and determination it will turn around and take off! A lot of oil & gas projects are on hold in the area due to slumping oil prices so its a wait it out and slug it out time right now!
Troy I sincerely wish you much success.
Keep at it. This is such a great business, it has it's ups and downs but it can be all worth it

Reactions: Troyster

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Troy I sincerely wish you much success.
Keep at it. This is such a great business, it has it's ups and downs but it can be all worth it
Thanks buddy! I am too stubborn to quit! I have started to replace the cheap asses with people willing to pay what i am worth and it continues to move forward so I am certain it will turn around this spring!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Funny you say so Monkey Breath..you sold Mommy for Nickle & was proud as a Peacock! lol How can been Blood?