Hack 101 - How hacks make us look good | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Hack 101 - How hacks make us look good

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It seems like any service you retain people who do half azz work these days. It is a two edged sword. Yes it makes the industry as a whole look bad but it makes premium cleaners who are in the know look better. List some of the hack stuff you have seen. I'll start before I do let's get the code names straight. :p

Wet & Jet
Soak & Suck

1) Using Tide
2) Advertising 5.95 room and walking out with 1k plus
3) Showing up w/filthy van and equipment
4) Showing up with a Rug Dr
5) Using an Ortho garden hose sprayer for chems
6) Cleaning stairs with an upright carpet wand. (*Unless you detail them)
7) Spraying Mojo hand cleaner mixed with water
8) Letting your truck leak oil on the driveway
9) Showing up with a heavy metal t-shirt or tank top
10) Using Zep degreaser as pre spray
11) Dumping water in storm drains
12) No pre-vacuum even by client
13) Does no pre or post spotting
14) Carpets that take days to DRY!
15) No agitation
16) Untrained techs
17) Techs on work release from jail

Gotta love this guy. Takes a lot of pride in his work. :p

Last edited:

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
It seems like any service you retain people who do half azz work these days. It is a two edged sword. Yes it makes the industry as a whole look bad but it makes premium cleaners who are in the know look better. List some of the hack stuff you have seen. I'll start;

Cleaning stairs with an upright carpet wand.
Showing up with a heavy metal t-shirt or tank top
Showing up w/filthy van and equipment

Hey Steve
That fourth box was you Devastator Filter ! :eek:

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
It seems like any service you retain people who do half azz work these days. It is a two edged sword. Yes it makes the industry as a whole look bad but it makes premium cleaners who are in the know look better. List some of the hack stuff you have seen. I'll start;

Showing up with a heavy metal t-shirt or tank top
Showing up w/filthy van and equipment

Looks like he was trained as an airport baggage handler.

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
#1 hack job? CHEMDRY hack bonnets dog diarrehea into a spiral design then informs custy to put a swivel rocker on top of swirled runs to cover it up. I found said poo under rocker that seemed a little out of place in the livingroom of an elderly woman. She was told by hack that it was the best they could do. No extraction at all. He even charged her for deodorizer.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
local company who sub contracts anyone with a truck gives them a buffer and a bonnett then roaps customers into yearly contracts...have to clean up after them constantly. wait for it rob here comes my fanclub...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Guess I'm a hack. To this day I still have never used a stair wand.

I can also say that in the 20 years I have been cleaning I have never had a complaint or call to redo stairs.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States

I can also say that in the 20 years I have been cleaning I have never had a complaint or call to redo stairs.
I use my upright wand on stairs but just the top of step. I make sure to flood the bull nose lol.
I go back real quick with my stair/upholstery jetted tool and i dry the tops, rinse and dry the bull nose and rinse the riser.

anyway, yesterday one cleaner for a pm , had a portable, weak as heck. In the back of his pickup, he had zep degreaser, rug doctor pre treatment. I felt bad for him and disgusted at the same time.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States

I do it both ways sometimes wand sometimes a 4 inch hand tool... a wand isnt a hack job if you detail it properly and wipe the overspray off the baseboards.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Worst one I've heard so far, one of the locals with a truck mount no less used one of those ortho garden hose sprayers to put down encap then went to work with a 175. The woman said her carpets were wet for weeks and of course they turned brown and crunchy.

cr0ck1

Jun 18, 2013
Gunshine State
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carl Santana
Business Location
United States
Guys who spray down gojo mixed with water. Yep i seen it. This guy i used to work for would be told to extract and would either, bring in a portable and have the hose down the hall (while he encaps) or even crank up the truck mount, bring the hose into the ballroom and encap, or he would tell us to push the 175 in an up and down motion so it looks like wand marks. Trust me it sucks to run a 175 like that.

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
The oil puddles in the driveway from an old run down puker, and the soaked for days carpet

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Man Rob, you can be a real rude dude some days. Calling us that clean (to perfection I might add) stairs with a full sized wand hacks is a seriously socially retarded thing to say.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree with ken but not that harshly lol.
Cleaning with an upright wand can give good results , just need to go back for finishing touches.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I'm sure your kidding lol

Grant is quite serious. Check out some of his other posts. Sad thing is he does a better job with his bissel than a lot of guys do with a truckmount.