Gym floor.. Not wood. Any advice? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Gym floor.. Not wood. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Janitorial, Housekeeping & Maid Cleaning Forum' started by Predict, Nov 7, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Predict

Predict Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if this falls into the correct category but I'm trying to help out a church with cleaning their new gym floor. The equipment they bought isn't working for them. Which is a green scrub pad and some neutral chemical.

I've got success with the rotovac 360 brush head/ grout mater but it's very time consuming.
    Any advice to get this done eaiser?

Attached Files:

2. waxman

waxman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Male
    Pres
    Long Island
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0 / -0
    //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/1f9eaadad1a592b64d3a873e58e752bf.jpg[/IMG
    Green pad works, they also have a coating for it. Here is one we do 1x yr

3. waxman

waxman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Male
    Pres
    Long Island
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Green pads are good. They also make a sealer for that floor as seen here. We do this one 1x yr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,562 / 11 / -0
    I do a few catholic school gyms each year and green pad to clean it and sealer here too

• Like Like x 1
  5. Predict

Predict Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I tried green pad. It doesn't work well. The floor is a synthetic rubber with road paint for the lines. It's not a shiny floor either.

What I ended up doing....
    I used enzymes from prochem.
    It says 6scoups per gallon. Doubled that and it worked LOT! better. And when I even make it stronger than that it worked even better.
    I tested a few areas. One with normal mixing amount and one super strong. Well the super strong cleaned it with no agitation at all just some sitting time.

So I sprayed entire gym with extra, extra strong enzymes(power burst) then used the tile Grout turbo force at 1800 psi. Higher the better job it did but I didn't want to push it to hard. I believe it's not rated for much higher. As for heat I tried to keep it hottest as possible but Everest couldn't keep up so I ended up running it on low/medium. Took about 5-6hours. If I had to do it again I'd use even stronger chemicals. Not sure what yet. Was very difficult time consuming job.

6. Predict

Predict Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    One picture is completed, other is half done. Final picture (or first?) is just power burst doubled mix just sat for 10min and wiped up with towel. No agitation or rinse.

Attached Files:

7. Predict

Predict Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Jtsinbrite is that floor same as one I did? Rubber material, squares of mats placed together. They said cost them 100k
    The gym I did was brand new and they couldn't keep it clean. Wasn't polished at all.
    If it's same what did you do to polish it?

8. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,562 / 11 / -0
    the ones I do are rubber floors and I scrub and seal them with the rubber floor sealing stuff

9. waxman

waxman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Male
    Pres
    Long Island
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0 / -0
    We use a weak floor stripper and our propane strip machine with green pads. As we did with the picture I posted. The sealer was I think from spartan

10. Sanipro

Sanipro New Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What sealer are you using ?

11. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,562 / 11 / -0
    hopefully when in the garage I will see it and take a pic of it...

• Like Like x 1