Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Went ahead and ordered the bed rug... I went through all kinds of considerations but this seemed simple...
I put the bed rug in my Nissan and cut it in 3 parts to be able to remove some of it when I want. Welcome back John. There are many stages to business growth. We have experienced quite a few ourselves and busier than ever. And nice truck. Nissans are so under rated and under appreciated. I think you will like it a lot.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
No need to take your machine apart to move it out and back in. Rent an engine hoist, or borrow one.

I always do this the the van floor on a new installation:

Remove the original one piece factory rubber insulated floor (Ford E-250 van), use 40# roofing felt to make a pattern for new 3/4 pressure treated plywood, cut the plywood, lay the pattern felt paper under the plywood, and install stainless screws that do not penetrate the floor more than 3/8". Pre-drill a small hole so screws will go into the vans metal flooring. Tape all joints with duct tape. Re-install the original rubber flooring with insulation over the plywood, and screw the rubber floor to the plywood using small stainless screws. This not only protects the vans floor, but it will also add to the integrity of the floor with all that weight in there.

I have done this in 5 different vans and never had an issue with the van floor, even after 18 years.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The NV3500 has been a great truck, the look is an acquired taste but it grows on you.

Gets 3mpg less than our isuzu 14ft box truck diesel with the box truck loaded and NV empty but NV is so much easier to keep clean and gets around town easily.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
That looks so much better than that blue bomber I remember. Are you going to pack as much stuff into this one? You had everything in the last one! You were cocky but you was always busting your butt and coming up with solutions to your problems on the fly. I learned a lot from you. I was a lurker when you were here last. I am glad you came back!
Thanks Man! I need to get back to being that level of a problem solver, I have gotten too complacent and not progressing... But acknowledging that is a step towards getting back to hustling..

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
The NV3500 has been a great truck, the look is an acquired taste but it grows on you.

Gets 3mpg less than our isuzu 14ft box truck diesel with the box truck loaded and NV empty but NV is so much easier to keep clean and gets around town easily.
It is a Guzzler but that translates to Power... This thing is a Beast... I punched it to pass a guy when I first got it and it surprised me... Its got balls under the hood..

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Got the Bulkhead and bed mat pulled out of it today, floor is in good shape since it had the steel plates on top of the mat. It was a rental moving van so its been well maintained and has 95k on it... It was first purchased in late 2016 so its barely 3 years old... I am in love with the van so far, very comfortable ride.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Its crazy I just realized I only put 16,000 Miles on my dodge in 4 years, Averaged 4000 miles a year... I accomplished that by strictly servicing homes within 30 minutes or less from me... But with this new van I plan to expand my service area significantly...

Reactions: Luky and rob allen

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Its crazy I just realized I only put 16,000 Miles on my dodge in 4 years, Averaged 4000 miles a year... I accomplished that by strictly servicing homes within 30 minutes or less from me... But with this new van I plan to expand my service area significantly...
We’re you only doing very large jobs? Not driving much?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
John I’m confident you will love the Nissans. I have 3 and looking for another. I’ll admit my F350 box truck is nice but it pales in comparison to my Nissans. So smooth and quiet, it’s like driving my Tundra. Lots legroom, easy to get to with all engine under the hood and actually clients compliment me a lot on my vans. Curious to see how you like it after a year.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
We’re you only doing very large jobs? Not driving much?
No I only do residential, I live right in the center of middle to high income area and I mostly do a lot of Tile Cleaning and Shower Restoration...

Reactions: MikeGaure

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
welcome back John, im glad you made it, I wondered what happened to you...
Speaking of milage, we usually put 45k miles on our vans each year in the Houston area but we go everywhere !

Good to see you !

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
welcome back John, im glad you made it, I wondered what happened to you...
Speaking of milage, we usually put 45k miles on our vans each year in the Houston area but we go everywhere !

Good to see you !
I didnt even get on a freeway but about 4 or 5 times a year for the last 2 years... lol... First couple years I went a lot further out but I primarily used facebook to target my area the past 2 years so I could stay close because the suspension on my dodge was really bad... It only has 137k miles on it now, Im gonna slowly rebuild it and turn it into something, it may become a backup truckmount or something else entirely...

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I didnt even get on a freeway but about 4 or 5 times a year for the last 2 years... lol... First couple years I went a lot further out but I primarily used facebook to target my area the past 2 years so I could stay close because the suspension on my dodge was really bad... It only has 137k miles on it now, Im gonna slowly rebuild it and turn it into something, it may become a backup truckmount or something else entirely...
that's dedication to keep off the highways,, we go from baytown to sealy , Galveston to huntsville

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
that's dedication to keep off the highways,, we go from baytown to sealy , Galveston to huntsville
Dude I couldnt do that again... When I worked for the Devil they would send me to lake jackson nearly every single day, I spent more time driving then working... And ended up with Nerve damage in my feet because of the horrible seats in the Nissan UD trucks...

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Nice be sure to have doors closed when working and forgo any respirators
Nah, he just needs to use TMF Liner Pro. Outlasts all other liners, will never peel or flake, completely non-toxic and eco-friendly, you could eat it and it wouldn't hurt you. All the liner products besides TMF Liner Pro are dangerous, hazardous, expensive knock-offs who stole the names he was gonna use.