Grumpy Vs any of the others on the Trinity site | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Grumpy Vs any of the others on the Trinity site

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I am a little disappointed by the Trinity renewal systems web site. Info about each machine is poor at best. It would be nice to compare the machines but that facility is not available on the site. I get the invite to join their live stuff but rarely do the times work for me. So can some one explain whats different about the grumpy compared to the three flavours of the other trinity machines? Apart from the folding, unless the others do that as well.
One of my machines is now beyond economic repair i think so I am looking at another one. Its one of the machines that Orbitec supplied, does a great job but on several cases I have recently discovered, not as good as a Cimex.
Its unlikely I would be using it on everyday residential, from what I have read, and my own experience, they are just too slow on heavily soiled carpet. I tend to use them on all commercial and apts that I would usually have to pull hose over a balcony. O the occasional pre scrub.
Thanks.

Blue Ridge Floor Care

Oct 22, 2011
US
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
The differences are almost irrelevant. All machines have been discontinued and the Grumpy has replaced them.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
Looking at the pics of the Grumpy, the welds that I can see do not look all that good. Not that I am a welder, but they look spattered.

Sep 8, 2014
Real Name
Dave Heaberlin
As had been said several times, that grumpy was a prototype.. all welds were in the front, On the production models welds are in the back, but we triple pass, our welds being trinity has a LOT more power and throw to its 0rbit than other machines.

Fresh N Green CC

Sep 1, 2013
Real Name
Tom Dykie
Other thing to keep in mind is that the machines are produced one by one.... not in a huge facility on an assembly line like an orbot.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
As had been said several times, that grumpy was a prototype.. all welds were in the front, On the production models welds are in the back, but we triple pass, our welds being trinity has a LOT more power and throw to its 0rbit than other machines.
Maybe time for new pics then. There is only so much time to research this stuff. Current info and pics, with respect, need to be on the web site with information regarding whats available, going to be discontinued etc, there, as a first point of contact. A potential customer really should not have to go anywhere else to get the info they are searching for. Certainly, getting the info as regards quality of build and performance is the only thing a person should need to go outside the website for. I would also want to know how long a machine will be supported for and not made obsolete because they perfected a new idea. I understand the machines are now built in house or locally rather than by Orbitec. Two of the five machines I have are Orbitec machines. The other is branded Aztec, and I have two Cimex machines. So far, the ONLY thing I have come up with is the wider orbit and three speeds, but I am not sure thats across the range of machines I can currently see on the site.
There are also dead links and the site is really slow loading on my computer.
All I am trying to do is figure out why I might pay an additional $1000 for a Grumpy.

EDIT. I have all the infomation I need now, thanks to all that posted, I appreciate your input.

Last edited:

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett
Maybe time for new pics then. There is only so much time to research this stuff. Current info and pics, with respect, need to be on the web site with information regarding whats available, going to be discontinued etc, there, as a first point of contact. A potential customer really should not have to go anywhere else to get the info they are searching for. Certainly, getting the info as regards quality of build and performance is the only thing a person should need to go outside the website for. I would also want to know how long a machine will be supported for and not made obsolete because they perfected a new idea. I understand the machines are now built in house or locally rather than by Orbitec. Two of the five machines I have are Orbitec machines. The other is branded Aztec, and I have two Cimex machines. So far, the ONLY thing I have come up with is the wider orbit and three speeds, but I am not sure thats across the range of machines I can currently see on the site.
There are also dead links and the site is really slow loading on my computer.
All I am trying to do is figure out why I might pay an additional $1000 for a Grumpy.

EDIT. I have all the infomation I need now, thanks to all that posted, I appreciate your input.
Dave I mean you no disrespect, but the pictures and info of the grumpy on the Trinity website are heteroecious. Bexiesbruv is right, you need to sell this thing and where you do that is on your website where buyers are making decisions. I am certain your machine is awesome, but if I were solely looking at machines on websites, the MiniMax mule would entice me to buy. Why? Stroll over to Bonnet Pros website and see how marketing is done. I know this is not your fault, but Trinity needs a web designer / graphics designers ASAP.

Reactions: Enge

Blue Ridge Floor Care

Oct 22, 2011
US
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
Dave, your writing style is ALOT like that of John G. How long have you worked for Trinity?

Sep 8, 2014
Real Name
Dave Heaberlin
Blue Ridge Floor Care, just long enough to be influenced by him. But I have done my research. I know better pics are needed but not posted as they have been on our website. When pics and info are complete, it will be added just like with the Rock in it's time. Thank so many you for your patience.

Blue Ridge Floor Care

Oct 22, 2011
US
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
Blue Ridge Floor Care, just long enough to be influenced by him. But I have done my research. I know better pics are needed but not posted as they have been on our website. When pics and info are complete, it will be added just like with the Rock in it's time. Thank so many you for your patience.
Cool. John's a knowledgeable guy. Great guy to learn from IMO. I've had the pleasure of speaking with everyone else at TRS except for you. So, it's your turn in the barrel :). What's your phone #? I've got some questions for you.

Peter Breen

Jan 5, 2009
Saint Albans Vermont
Real Name
Peter Breen
Hello Dave, for years i always said the cimex was built like a tank. I will say the grumpy has taken it:s place. The Kawasaki green is perfect for our branding of GREEN cleaning up here in the green mountain state of Vermont. I now have 2 cimexs for sale . Peter Breen