Groutmaster

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Just started using GM - just finished first container. Had 2 jobs this week by my crew that didn't come out well. The last one left white spots in random places all over a dealership. I am guessing the crew moved too quickly with the turbo tool but he has done this before with no issues using newlines HI test. Not sure what to do!
Not saying its the case here but we have only seen 3 reasons for what you described.

1) Mixing with too hot water causing ingredients to separate.
2) Moving too fast resulting in an incomplete rinse.
3) Allowing product to dry before rinsing.

Please let me know how it goes for you.
Thank you. I wasn't there and my assumption is too fast based on patterns and locations. So far I haven't had issues personally

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
I saw a thread titled grout master and though oh boy, someone else with white residue... Lol! I've had nothing but great results with the stuff too.
Just started using GM - just finished first container. Had 2 jobs this week by my crew that didn't come out well. The last one left white spots in random places all over a dealership. I am guessing the crew moved too quickly with the turbo tool but he has done this before with no issues using newlines HI test. Not sure what to do!
Which kind of tile is it? Ceramic, porcelain? And what color is the tile?
Gray ceramic

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
You will get twice the referrals when you show up and do a professional job, and they pay a good solid price for the work... We are going to raise prices middle of January.
So what about scrubbing grout....with gm....
Don't do much tile anymore but I question if you can clean grout wo scrubbing????

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
I saw a thread titled grout master and though oh boy, someone else with white residue... Lol! I've had nothing but great results with the stuff too.
Which kind of tile is it? Ceramic, porcelain? And what color is the tile?
Gray ceramic
If it’s doing it in random spots then more than likely going too fast. If it’s doing it in big spots more consistently then hot mix probably cause it.

If you’re finding nothing you throw at it works you can try a 175 with a white pad and neutralizer like Viper products. You can try a harder pad if you’d like.

Or

Viper Renew(acid) for the last Resort

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Not saying its the case here but we have only seen 3 reasons for what you described.

1) Mixing with too hot water causing ingredients to separate.
2) Moving too fast resulting in an incomplete rinse.
3) Allowing product to dry before rinsing.

Please let me know how it goes for you.
So, then, Rob, what is an optimal range of water temp for gm?
Hot as you want with tap water from sink.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
So what about scrubbing grout....with gm....
Don't do much tile anymore but I question if you can clean grout wo scrubbing????
When I do these empty houses its all floors , so I prespray the tile and grout with groutmaster and keep it wet most times I just have to hook up the tile wands and blast and suck and its all gone. no scrubbing but if I need to I have a grit brush on the van

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yea i would,caution not scrubbing.......crb or 175
Even acid needs to be scrubbed...
You can always skip a step ...scrubbing on carpet......
But we all know the difference......

But I will try it on my next tile job.....

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
All I do is hard surfaces. My MO is to soak grout lines for 10-15 mins. While it's soaking I scrub with grout demon
Then prior to rinsing I lightly mist the whole area and clean.
Since adopting this method I've had perfect results.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yes i agree cant imagine not scrubbing tile and grout.....
Some commercial carpet... Can skip half the scrubbing with GM and high vac and high heat......

But i will holdopinions until I test it on dirty grout....

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I've tested several times and found that most times scrubbing improved results, so now I just scrub every time.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yes even on carpet...I thought i could crank up heat water flow and vacuum and it would forego 100% of scrubbing....
But wont work for trashed rentals and greasy resturants....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I've tested several times and found that most times scrubbing improved results, so now I just scrub every time.
Speeds up the process too. And since starting to CRB with blue brush I rarely if ever break out a manual brush.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
All I do is hard surfaces. My MO is to soak grout lines for 10-15 mins. While it's soaking I scrub with grout demon
Then prior to rinsing I lightly mist the whole area and clean.
Since adopting this method I've had perfect results.
Good tip.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Yea i would,caution not scrubbing.......crb or 175
Even acid needs to be scrubbed...
You can always skip a step ...scrubbing on carpet......
But we all know the difference......

But I will try it on my next tile job.....
most of the time I scrub the grout with grit brush and stick brush but sometimes it just gets done with the gm and I just blast and suck

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
About 130 degrees. That's the typical max temp from a residential water heater. Not always though, especially in an apartment with a shared water heater (like mine, 4 units on 1 heater). They tend to use commercial water heaters that can crank out a higher temp. In commercial I have found water up to 160 degrees. Someone was testing the chemical performance at different temps and it seemed that much over that 130 degree mark they were having trouble.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
About 130 degrees. That's the typical max temp from a residential water heater. Not always though, especially in an apartment with a shared water heater (like mine, 4 units on 1 heater). They tend to use commercial water heaters that can crank out a higher temp. In commercial I have found water up to 160 degrees. Someone was testing the chemical performance at different temps and it seemed that much over that 130 degree mark they were having trouble.
4 apartments on 1 water heater? Sht! Hope its gas at least?.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Yep. Gas. And it's pretty big too. We've had showers, washing machines and dishwashers running hot water and the temp never dropped off, and my shower is at the end of the line!

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I used Viper Venom for several jobs and finally stopped doing tile because it was unsuccessful does grout Master really make it that easy
I was a big viper venom user until I started using gm

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yep. Gas. And it's pretty big too. We've had showers, washing machines and dishwashers running hot water and the temp never dropped off, and my shower is at the end of the line!
Thats good. I remember apartment living. We had an electric one. Bastard below me would take a shower and run it out. Took forever for it to reheat. My house now no problem. Hot water comes from boiler 180. And will take your skin off if someone flushes a toilet lol. You can hear the sound of the hot water coming up the pipe. You got seconds to slap the shower head down before it burns you.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thats good. I remember apartment living. We had an electric one. Bastard below me would take a shower and run it out. Took forever for it to reheat. My house now no problem. Hot water comes from boiler 180. And will take your skin off if someone flushes a toilet lol. You can hear the sound of the hot water coming up the pipe. You got seconds to slap the shower head down before it burns you.
Yeah, that's one thing I asked about when I realized it was a shared heater. I didn't want to come home from a long day/night working and have nothing but cold water. There are actually 2 units, one runs down and water starts coming from the other letting the first one refill and heat back up.