Grout Master on Natural Stone Question | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Grout Master on Natural Stone Question

boho44

Mar 27, 2012
Ontario
Real Name
Robert Houlden
Business Location
Canada
Hello everyone, hope you're all safe and sound.

I don't really do cleaning and sealing without resurfacing but I have a large job coming up and have a few questions.

The floor consists of approximately 3500 sq ft of Eramosa limestone. The hotel owner is requesting to have it cleaned and sealed before they reopen.

I bought 4 jugs of Grout Master a couple years ago. Never opened it but would like to use it for this job. Does it go bad after a couple years? It's not open and has been stored in my basement. Is it SAFE for natural stone? The tile isn't polished and has a rough finish. I attached pictures.

My other question is what pressure should I use? I have a portable e1200 machine from esteam. Is it possible to have swirl marks? If so, what is best to reduce this. Should I just use my 175 and wet vac?

Final question is does Grout Master tarnish stainless steel or any other metals?

Thank you in advance for all your help!!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Yes have used groutmaster on limestone and sandstone before and no I doubt it's gone bad.. sometimes powdered pre sprays will chunk up if they are exposed to air too long

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
It doesn't hurt stainless. Swirls can happen if your spinner has a clogged jet or if there is a topical coating on the floor you may have missed.

boho44

Mar 27, 2012
Ontario
Real Name
Robert Houlden
Business Location
Canada
Thanks for your reply.

What pressure do you suggest I set my machine to?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thanks for your reply.

What pressure do you suggest I set my machine to?
Limestone can be a bit on the softer side so I would play it safe and try 700psi. It may be fine at 1000 but it doesn't look that dirty so might as well go lower. 600 is about the minimum for the spinner to spin

Reactions: PistolPete