Irfan Mutlu

Apr 18, 2011
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Real Name
whale
Business Location
United States
Ok, what can we say about up sale?
What kind of technics words we can use? Deep cleaning, protector, another aria, deodorizer, upholstery. If its in deal say up to 600sqft, if its pass only like 100-200-300 sqft whats the best way the charge? What else?
(I think maybe I ask the secret part, If no body share its ok.)

AQD_Patrick

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
arizonaquickdry.com
Real Name
Patrick D
Business Location
United States
Ok, what can we say about up sale?
What kind of technics words we can use? Deep cleaning, protector, another aria, deodorizer, upholstery. If its in deal say up to 600sqft, if its pass only like 100-200-300 sqft whats the best way the charge? What else?
(I think maybe I ask the secret part, If no body share its ok.)

I think it's all of those things. They key is in the ad to lay out some of the details to answer what the customers are going to ask.
If you charge by the sq ft, then say it's $/per sq ft over 600.
If I were to do it, I would heavily watch the message boards (just take the day off and sit on the computer) while the deal is going on and answer questions like that ASAP. I watched a thread where people had all sorts of questions and they got frustrated quickly by the owner not helping them. There were some insane questions too (I have 4 sets of stairs. Do they count as 2 rooms?) and those wackjobs would keep me away from using Groupon completely. :)

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
Hopefully mine works out ..It runs Saturday & Sunday..I took the morning off Saturday and have 1 decent job in the afternoon..I am already booked up for Sunday and it's usually my off day..Plan to stay by the phone & computer ..and the laptop on TMF of course..:cool:CAN I HAVE SOME LUCK PLEASE..

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
If I were to do it, I would heavily watch the message boards (just take the day off and sit on the computer) while the deal is going on and answer questions like that ASAP. I watched a thread where people had all sorts of questions and they got frustrated quickly by the owner not helping them. There were some insane questions too (I have 4 sets of stairs. Do they count as 2 rooms?) and those wackjobs would keep me away from using Groupon completely. :)

If their asking such dumb questions, do you really want to answer them so they can be your client? I say stay far away from the message boards and let them call you.

AQD_Patrick

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
arizonaquickdry.com
Real Name
Patrick D
Business Location
United States
If their asking such dumb questions, do you really want to answer them so they can be your client? I say stay far away from the message boards and let them call you.

The problem is they may have already bought the Groupon and are looking for clarification (or a dumb question). If you do not come through and help, you have a strike against you already.

Dirtmaster, good luck - I hope you set a limit to the total number of Groupons to sell. The people who buy most likely are savvy enough to leave Yelp and Google reviews too. Helping them on the message boards should put them at ease and maybe make upsells easier (maybe). :)

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
The problem is they may have already bought the Groupon and are looking for clarification (or a dumb question). If you do not come through and help, you have a strike against you already.

Helping them on the message boards should put them at ease and maybe make upsells easier (maybe). :)

Again, let them call you. IF, they bought it already, they'll call if you don't answer, and then you can tell them the details. Chances are, they didn't buy it already and need an answer. If they don't want to take the time to do so.......AGAIN I say, do you really want them as a client?

If they bought it and don't get an answer on the message forum, they can just as easily go get their money back. No harm, no foul. They'll know you're busy answering phones and emails.

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States

I been reading up on former features comments and i know exactly what you mean...You can tell from most comments what type of people some of them are and what they want..I will try my best to weed them out..I see people like this alot..

Mar 17, 2011
florida
Real Name
j.anzellotti
Business Location
United States
very simple groupon made me just under $8k in 3.5 weeks aside from their check . it is what i needed and have invested in several different avenues of advertising with that money and i do have to say in my area these have been some of the best tips and cleanest homes i have service

kmcarpet

May 11, 2011
Florida
Real Name
Michael Hollon
Business Location
United States
Got mine coming July 1 and hope it will pay off. I am running in 2 dif. areas at 2 dif. times to see if we can double our revenue. Groupon is a dif. type of customer than craigslist. They are willing to spend money. A new one in the area as well only keeps 45% not 50% it will be dropping June 30 and we are going to see if this will work. We are looking to add 3 techs on the road with this. Sorry forgot to mention not just carpet cleaning but our air duct cleaning division as well. Jason glad to see your groupon turned out good. the new one in the area is got2coupon. They run in Orlando and Tampa. Running both areas I may be calling on you Jason for some help.

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
Groupon has officially pissed in my cornflakes..My ad was supposed to run the 25th & 26th..This was set months prior..They ran a proarpet ad a week before and then when the 25th comes my ad doesn't..I was turning down tons of jobs so i could be able to answer call and emails and they didn't run it or contact me at all...So i was fully enraged i called suckpon and they say they had a problem with the city planning.. and they are moving it to mid july...I am already pissed because i lost alot of work..and now 7 days later another CC ad comes out on groupon..So the fire is steadily been fed..:mad:I told them forget it..Then the a$-hole says i agreed to the terms already so i still have to do it...And i told him if he does run it he better have his own CC because Dirtmaster is done with them...Since then he keeps emailing me..i have returned one message stating ....DIRTMASTER HAS BECAME UNRESPONSIVE...:cool:

entech

Jul 2, 2011
IN
Real Name
Michael Shemwell
Business Location
United States
I see people here referring to the "upsell" in reference to trying to help their bottom line for basically giving their work away via Groupon. My question is, do these customers buy anything else?

I ask because my brother runs a local Quiznos Subs and they had a Groupon for a free sub, assuming that they'd get great marketing for this, expose new people to their subs, and make some money back on things that bring in revenue like chips, soft drinks, dessert, etc. Nope. People came in, got their sub, and left with a water. Nobody bought anything else, they were just in it for the free sub. No chips, no dessert, no soft drinks, and it hurt their bottom line quite a bit.

If you cater to the cheapest of the cheap, there is usually a price to be paid, and it seems like the service provider ends up paying that price in most instances. I think a lot of people see it as a shortcut to instant business credibility, and if you aren't careful you can end up swamped with work and very little money to show for it, even at a loss at times as I've seen some cleaning companies do.

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
Tony Fresh just did a groupon 5 rooms for $35.00 . All I can say is WOW!.
Yeah he's a B&S company..he always advertises that price.$7.95 per room or $35 for the whole house .so i don't see how groupon let him get away with it.that's not a 50% discount ..He should have did the whole house for $17 and after the split he would net around $6 haha..He has the ad that they ran instead of mine..He sold 500 ...hope he has fun..he runs ads constantly between all local networks..

Mar 17, 2011
florida
Real Name
j.anzellotti
Business Location
United States
groupon is not for everyone but created a good boost for me i wont do it again , i believe i have invested in a few good marketing areas that should do well along with my `repeaters.............ps mike at k&m i hope you did well

kmcarpet

May 11, 2011
Florida
Real Name
Michael Hollon
Business Location
United States
Thank You Jason, We did well we sold 98 on Groupon and another 60 over the phone people called and ask questions and when they do you have the opp to take advantage of that and tell them they can pay on groupon or can pay you direct. It has worked great we are booked till August with Carpet cleaning and air duct cleaning. I will post back of how much money we have done. But they are some of the cleanest home we have been in. Tile jobs are going crazy as an ad on service.

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
First groupon customer wasn't bad...They added 1,000 sq ft of tile & grout , 2 loveseats , 1 sofa and a recliner @ full price..so all people are not just looking for the deal..also have booked several straight and not through groupon just as FCC said.Also just landed a 4,000 sq ft assisted living facility from the groupon.I was a little pissed because i was supposed to be the main feature and it was ran as a side deal...this is like the 3rd time they lied to me about something..i find that very unproffesional..

Mar 17, 2011
florida
Real Name
j.anzellotti
Business Location
United States
ok i see a pattern here it seems as though the 3 florida cleaners here have had great succsswith groupon and other areas not so much ,this imo shows it is all about the region what type of customers you get goodluck dirtmaster

Dirtmaster

Jan 28, 2011
FL
Real Name
Damion Raburn
Business Location
United States
Really would have like to have sold more...got a few on the 17th floor of a high rise...gotta brake out the porty for that..But i have to admit all but 2 people want additional services..I appreciate the help fla..

kmcarpet

May 11, 2011
Florida
Real Name
Michael Hollon
Business Location
United States
Well guys I will post my results from Groupon. This was the first and most likely the last of Groupon for me in this area. It brung the scabs out of their holes. I had 50% of my customers that bought the Groupon living in trailers and wanted only the 3 rooms no extras. Tile and grout ad ons was great. About 45% of them wanted extras but this is the ones that called in and I sold them over the phone. I profited about $5900.00 from the whole thing, including my air duct cleaning side. I walked from 5 jobs because the dog urine was sloshing under your feet and you could not even tell what was the carpet and what was mildew and mold growing. I left the $49.00 laying in their hands. I may try to run in Orlando and see what happens. Glad you had some success Dirtmaster.